Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A straight swop for mine

lofi said:
Wouldn't the Mrs then have a Porsche and you'd have a Jag? I too am confused

:grin:

For my wife 'ownership' is only in the mind. She 'owns' an XF but only drove it on the day we picked it up. I've driven the 3.5k miles since.

She's only driven 5% of the miles the GT86 has done in the last 3 years and the same would happen with a 997 Carrera or a Cayman.

I don't care who owns them as I get to drive them all.

Unfortunately she doesn't want to own a Porsche. :sad:

ragpicker said:
But then where would the turbo be?

:?

:pc:

This is getting very confusing....

:eh!: The clue is in the thread title.

T8 said:
lofi said:
Wouldn't the Mrs then have a Porsche and you'd have a Jag? I too am confused

:grin:

For my wife 'ownership' is only in the mind. She 'owns' an XF but only drove it on the day we picked it up. I've driven the 3.5k miles since.

She's only driven 5% of the miles the GT86 has done in the last 3 years and the same would happen with a 997 Carrera or a Cayman.

I don't care who owns them as I get to drive them all.

Unfortunately she doesn't want to own a Porsche. :sad:

I think you need to swap something else :?: :D

T8 said:
ragpicker said:
But then where would the turbo be?

:?

:pc:

This is getting very confusing....

:eh!: The clue is in the thread title.

But you're on about your wife owning the jag, so does that means she owns the turbo??

This is getting even more confusing now Terry!

:frustrated:

I'd swap my wife for an F type :thewife:

Toss up which is lower maintenance though

:floor:

askgeez said:
I'd swap my wife for an F type :thewife:

Toss up which is lower maintenance though

:floor:

:floor: :floor: :floor:

Ok. So this all about a wife swop? Are you doing it as a TV show?

Think I'm getting it now.

So you`ve only got the 2 cars between you then T8, I think I have found your problem :thumb:

You need another car :grin:

T8's house, earlier today:

Attachments

• swinging_in_kent_158.jpg
    swinging_in_kent_158.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 5,864
kurlykris said:
So you`ve only got the 2 cars between you then T8, I think I have found your problem :thumb:

Another car !! Who do you think I am, mistercorn :?:

We've actually got 4 cars between us.

It's having 2 cars with 2+2 seats that's the problem. We both agree that having 3 like that would make no sense at all.

T8 said:
kurlykris said:

Who do you think I am, mistercorn :?:

We've actually got 4 cars between us.

It's having 2 cars with 2+2 seats that the issue. We both agree that having 3 like that would make no sense at all.

I think that we can agree that mistercorn is bonkers, in a nice way :grin:

But, my manbrain says 1x convertible, 1x coupe and 1x 4 seat saloon, + 1 other car is about right, per person :thumb:

Hmmm, I need to have a look on Autotrader, I`m 1 short :nooo:

ragpicker said:
But you're on about your wife owning the jag, so does that means she owns the turbo??

This is getting even more confusing now Terry!

I feel like I'm in the Big Brother House. :(

The 997T is mine. My wife owns a GT86.

I would consider changing the 997T for an F-type if my wife would agree to change her GT86 for a 997 Carrera or a 981 Cayman.

I do 95% of the driving anyway so it doesn't matter whose names are on the V5s.

It's all moot anyway as she won't do the swap and I want to keep a Porsche in my life.

EDIT: Late thought. Perhaps I could get an F-type if we were to swap our family car for a Macan. :idea:

Just come off the piste and found the universal fabric of reality has somehow been torn :dont know:

And to think the worst I thought would happen when I was away was a piling up of subscriptions and snow on the step :?: :eek:

Terry, get a grip man! A Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggg? :what:

(Though Ragpickerupper's new found love of golf made me worry about him for a while........... :wink: )

The F-Type is a beautiful car Terry but a bit like an Aston or Ferrari; I'm sure a massive headache to live with financially. If you are feeling a little bored of your car, try fitting a nice exhaust to try and induce that emotional connection that you may feel is lacking in the Turbo.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back