Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A favour from fellow 997 cab owners please.

drmark

Nurburgring
Hello,

Both the push rods that close one of the latches for the shell just behind the rear window have lost their fixings that hold them on the latch.
It's the small fittings shown in this link: https://www.design911.co.uk/p/origi...le-soft-top-push-rod-for-porsche-996-and-997/

Problem is I don't know how they go on. It is the front of the rod where it attaches to the catch. Any chance one of you could take a photo of yours and post it up for me? You will need to raise the hood to halfway to see it. Not the easiest thing to photo but any help much appreciated.

Thank you

Mark

Thank you. Very nearly. That's the push rod in the background - I just can't see if there is a clip on there, or a nut, or both...
It's an odd one because a nut over tightened will stop it working, but too loose and it will fall off again.

The straight part that only has a small bend in it goes on the latch and then a small e clip goes in the groove on the pin on the latch to hold the rod in place. One of these:

1711790347940.png

As you can see in the photo in the link you posted, e clip on straight end, nut on curved end:

1711790572953.png

Thanks both. I thought I was missing both from one end. Clear now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back