Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 now eligible for the Porsche Classic Register

spinnaker

Hockenheim
I saw yesterday that Porsche is now accepting 997 generation cars onto the Porsche Classic Register as of 2023. Good news!

You can sign up through your local OPC and it gives 15% off on parts, 4 free car washes and some other free merch.

Some OPCs are doing local 997 events to celebrate this and encourage people to sign up in the coming weeks.

https://www.porsche.com/uk/accessoriesandservice/classic/register/

The T&Cs don't seem to mention the 997 yet but people are already registering. You just need to call or email your OPC service manager and they'll take it from there.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone near SW London has any luck with this & if so which OPC you used.

FWIW OPC Brooklands were useless when I enquired about applying for the classic register for my 996.

Positive news, however 4 free car washes sounds like 4 lots of swirl city to me.

Anyone had their motor washed by OPC? If so what was your experience?

spinnaker said:
Some OPCs are doing local 997 events to celebrate this and encourage people to sign up in the coming weeks.

Also which OPCs to your knowledge are doing 997 events?

R60BBA said:
Positive news, however 4 free car washes sounds like 4 lots of swirl city to me.

spinnaker said:

Yes not good at all.

R60BBA said:

I saw that the Sheffield OPC is doing one on the 29th Jan between 10am and midday. Not sure of details of others.

R60BBA said:

I'm no detailer but my poor 997 needed paint correction once I'd bought it from an OPC.

I had my 997 "washed" by an OPC. They used a jet wash too close to the car and lifted up my wrap in a few places. :roll:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mike 964 speedster
Back