Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 Turbo or 997.2 Turbo

Which generation of 997 Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 997 1.5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
easternjets said:
That's exactly the same car that I bought in 2018, looks lovely. To give you an idea of prices, I paid a bit more, 2k, than your paying for this car.

You'll love the car, see if you can get hold of a DSC module, they come up for sale on here quite often but do get snapped up quickly. It's the best money you can spend on an upgrade and simple as anything to install.

Hi

As in this was your car?! You owned it?

I have heard of the DSC module, there's some YouTube clips about them. To be honest I was heading down the lowering springs and spacer route but I'll look into the module more, thank you 🙏

E3 PSB said:
easternjets said:
That's exactly the same car that I bought in 2018, looks lovely. To give you an idea of prices, I paid a bit more, 2k, than your paying for this car.

You'll love the car, see if you can get hold of a DSC module, they come up for sale on here quite often but do get snapped up quickly. It's the best money you can spend on an upgrade and simple as anything to install.

Hi

I have heard of the DSC module, there's some YouTube clips about them. To be honest I was heading down the lowering springs and spacer route but I'll look into the module more, thank you 🙏

No exactly the same but not my actual car.

I'd think very carefully before going down the lowering route. It costs a lot of money and needs to be done professionally and then the geo set up properly.
A DSC module can be fitted in 5 minutes and is the best grand you'll ever spend on the car, believe me it's what I'd do first and I'd then decide afterwards if lowering was a good idea.
The 997.2 is a great handling car without messing with the ride height. The DSC module is like changing your Sinclair computer for the latest HP Laptop, it improves the std suspension, especially in the corners and it smooths out the Sport setting which is very harsh in the std set up.

easternjets said:
E3 PSB said:
easternjets said:

Hi

No exactly the same but not my actual car.

I'd think very carefully before going down the lowering route. It costs a lot of money and needs to be done professionally and then the geo set up properly.
A DSC module can be fitted in 5 minutes and is the best grand you'll ever spend on the car, believe me it's what I'd do first and I'd then decide afterwards if lowering was a good idea.
The 997.2 is a great handling car without messing with the ride height. The DSC module is like changing your Sinclair computer for the latest HP Laptop, it improves the std suspension, especially in the corners and it smooths out the Sport setting which is very harsh in the std set up.

Thank you for this info, I only picked the car up yesterday afternoon and almost scraped the plastic bumper trim on the drive so it may not be an option to lower now. I cannot believe how quick these cars are, it's ridiculous lol.

Thanks again :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ors97
Back