Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Comfort Opening Not Working - Help Please...

toddy2

Nurburgring
I've had the 996 C4S parked up for 18 months as home extension project took over. When I did park it up I disconnected the battery so when locking up for hibernation the comfort didn't perform, I never had an issue prior to this.

Roll on 18 months now the car is back on the road, the comfort opening i.e dropping of the window when opening from the inside and outside on the drivers side did work on an adhoc basis for a few days has now completely stopped working. Having searched the threads here, it appears could be a micoswitch? So not sure if I need a new door lock, just a microswitch? Any suggestions part numbers gratefully received.

Also the car double beeps when using the remote, not sure if this is related to the same issue, or whether it's something else I need to investigate.

On an aside note, it's great to be back in the 996, and is now the daily driver.

Just buy a complete new lock mechanism.

It take around an hour to fit.

Door card off and go in behind the membrane.

Watch the "How To...." online.

Once fitted make sure you test the lock is actually opening/closing when you pull the handles before closing the door. Stick a screwdriver in there to close the catch and test.
put he door card on once you have tried it all closing normally etc.

I always put a towel or similar through the door catch loop just in case the door closes before I have fully tested it or hooked everything up.

It is a very easy fix and you can buy a VW/Audi third party part for very little outlay, I think the TT one is the same from memory. I'm sure someone can list the good value equivalent part on here.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back