Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 / 997 CAT Driver Training - Sat 14th & Sun 15th Apri

peters said:
If anyone wants to drop out of the Saturday one at late notice let me know.

I fancy doing this.
Nice try!! :thumb:

marcass said:
Ouch, from Manchester that IS an early start! Coming from north London so not quite so bad.
Sadly I'm used to it; regularly had to do Manchester - Northampton for a day with work, or Manchester - Coventry, set off early enough and grab a large coffee on the way and it's not too bad (M6/M1 isn't as bad as you'd think when it's quiet, you can make good progress, plus I find the 996 quite a comfortable place to be on those sort of journeys).

I've done a few days at Bedford Autodrome too (there and back in a day from Manchester), maybe I'm mad but it's do-able no problem! 8)

Just had a 60k service and a clean bill of health at Sports and Classic this morning too, so I'm all set... :driving:

I'm a bit late getting round to insuring my car for this event.

Aside from competitioncarinsurance, does anyone know of anyone who does temporary cover - or does Aviva's quote of a £7500 XS and £212 premium sound about right (I would not use the word 'reasonable') for this? CCI were even more expensive than Aviva.

glamdring said:
I'm a bit late getting round to insuring my car for this event.

Aside from competitioncarinsurance, does anyone know of anyone who does temporary cover - or does Aviva's quote of a £7500 XS and £212 premium sound about right (I would not use the word 'reasonable') for this? CCI were even more expensive than Aviva.

Mine covers 2 or 3 track days free as long as it is a proffesional organised one, but the excess goes to 10% of the cars value Ouch !!.

Steve

Apparently, yes they do. I don't have a lot of choice really because it would be pretty stupid to not insure the thing - sods law and all that. I can hear the conversation now:

ME: "Hello luv, can you come and pick me up from Bedford?"
WIFE:"Why's that?"
ME: "I've written off the Turbo"
WIFE: "Oh well at least you're okay and it was insured"
ME: "Hmm, about that ...."

(Followed by divorce, loss of house and becoming rapidly skint) :)

When I took the policy out I understood it to be 10% of the repair but today it was 10% of the value of the car, I will query !.
Steve

Right just leaving for the hotel looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow morning.

Steve

I bet you lot are wired tonight no sleep for you tonight have a great time don't forget the cameras tell us EVERYTHING

Have fun guys. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

hotel

In my hotel can't wait for morning I'm 12 miles from the course who is close bye ?

Relaxing at home, see you all tomorrow.

Fabulous Day.. Thanks to the team at CATDT

I had a simply fabulous time today thanks to everyone from 911UK who attended and a big thank you to the team at CATDT. If anyone is hesitating on doing this, go for it, it's a fantastic experience, and money well spent. Colin @ CATDT is a star, and his words of wisdom are still embedded in my head.

To everyone on the event tomorrow, enjoy it as it a simply fantastic experience.

Glad you guys enjoyed it.
So glad we started this from Kim's concerns following a handling experience on the road. Money well spent in my book.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpkM3
Back