Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 front bumper advice

v6toj

Trainee
Hi, I've got a 996.1 c2 which has aero side skirts and standard front bumper. I prefer the aero look and was thinking about aero front bumper but they seem hard to come by and also quite pricey when they do pop up. Is there any alternative splitters you can get for the mark 1 as I feel car needs more depth at front due to depth of sideskirts. Any advice much appreciated
Jonathan

There are a few companies that used to (maybe still do?) produce poly lip kits to give the aerokit look - you are left with a clear addition to the front bumper, but then this will also be true of the side skirts which are mounted onto the main body....

Otherwise its largely the real thing either secondhand or new (~£1500?).

A 996.1 GT3 cup version chin spoiler can be fixed to the bottom of a standard 996.1 bumper to give the impression of a bit more depth....

Thanks for the tips guys, I've had a wee search and have found the lip extension and the full bumper. Lip extension is coming in at £262 and the full bumper £360. I think I'm swayed more towards the full bumper at the price difference. Anyone fitted these parts and got any comments re fit especially full aero replica bumper?

Mines got the aero front bumper and with lowering springs is a pain in the arse to drive as a daily it catches all over the show

They look good but on our crappy roads can be a pain in my opinion

simonas said:
Mines got the aero front bumper and with lowering springs is a pain in the arse to drive as a daily it catches all over the show

They look good but on our crappy roads can be a pain in my opinion

Yeah practicality! That's a good point, my car has m030 suspension aswell, I had to do a 3 point turn yesterday on a single track farm road due to flooding and I did think normal front bumper gives required clearance!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back