Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 HID's Upgrade

Michael Taverner

Spa-Francorchamps
I know that this has been mentioned many times on this forum, but a felt that I must give another plug for Tore B.

I have had HIDS on my 993 for many years and they have worked fine, indeed they still did when I removed them. I decided to fit a set of Tore B'S HIDS mainly because all the kit fits within the headlight unit. The kit was absolutely complete even down to a new set of sidelight bulbs. The connections fitted to the original and the whole operation took me less than an hour.

I also bought his T-obd but that is a slightly different story and I am still trying to fathom this out. But I will get there. The unit is very well made I only have to install the Scantool software correctly and then I am sure it will be OK.

It was a pleasure to do deal with Tore and I would recommend him to anybody who still has to upgrade their lights. How you can see where you are going if you have not done this I really don't know.
Michael

I recently did the same thing and install write up on my journal.

By getting the OBD hardware as well you get a discount for two products and a further discount if you give you forum name.

I found the OBD worked first time one the drivers were installed and comm port config file setup to the same as the driver but the instructions are very clear how to do it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back