Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 gts- track pack

Oly

I’ve just purchased a 2022 992 gts cabriolet with 6600 miles on
Its black but has the track pack which I understand is ppf to the front of the car,
Is it necessary to get the rest of the car ppf covered?
Can anyone suggest products for cleaning the car without scratching the black paintwork , thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4030.png
    IMG_4030.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Congratulations on buying the car!
If you are not a track user or a regular motorway driver, I don’t think the whole car needs to be PPF’d.
Loads of products from Gyeon, G techniq etc is available.
I get a detailer to wash the car as needed

Lovely car cpngrats
You have bought a black car so unfortunately it will always look dirty. Any contact washing will introduce swirl marks so to minimise I would get it ceramic coated and detailed once every 2 years
During cleaning use the minimum pressure when using sponges ( 2 bucket method).
I think PPF at front is enough, but check in front of the rear wheel arches as they pick up lots of impact from small stones.
Enjoy!

sorry I meant congrats!

Lovely car, congrats. I didn’t go down the PPF route but had my car detailed and ceramic coated. I’ve done nearly 4k miles in the past year including a track day and so far I’ve escaped any serious road rash or chips.
I may not be trying hard enough and I expect to pick up a few but tbh it’ll not lose any sleep over it.
Washing wise - what turbosands said.

They really needed a better name for PPF on a Cabrolet

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e46m3
Back