Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 GTS - Bubble Burst ?

DRZ911

Mugello
Am trying to get my head around the current 992 GTS market and where prices are going.

A well speced GTS is coming in around £155K new on the Configurator. After 12 months, the same spec of car is being sold by an OPC for typically £115K.

A £40K drop (25.8%).

Haven't seen such a first year drop like this for a long, long time. Is this unique to the 992 GTS, or has the bubble burst across the whole 911 range of different model generations (excluding the low volume runners like GT3, etc) ?

Would welcome any opinions or comments.

Given an OPC would normally want £10k+ in margin they probably have bought that in for £105? That’s a big hit in a year.

Looks like normality is returning, it was always normal to lose 20% the day you drove out of the showroom, and certainly take a 40% hit over a few years. Porsche weren’t immune back in the day, so no reason to think they won’t suffer like every other brand now the post-Covid bubble has burst.

I’d say all 992s are going to dip, the GTS and Turbo cars, being the most expensive models, have the most to lose.

That’s a 23 car on a 73 plate with 150 miles. Makes it about a month old.

The car market as a whole is down, that’s not really news.

OPC have numerous new cars up for sale, that tells a story. OPC and other dealers are reluctant to drop prices and buyers are largely not wanting to commit when prices are due to fall.

a base 992 is still 85K
a 991.1 Turbo S is still +90k

I agree prices have dropped, but whatever you are driving is also dropping probably much more

Mclaren 570S are now in the low to mid 70K which is about the same as 14-15 plate GTS

I think Porsche residuals are among the best in the business

Rhodris-dad said:
What you alsohave to factor in is the 4% hike in interest on finance. 11.9% is ridiculous. :nooo:

Just ridiculous! It’s become unaffordable by finance with interest that has to be paid :nooo:

Slayer said:
Rhodris-dad said:
What you alsohave to factor in is the 4% hike in interest on finance. 11.9% is ridiculous. :nooo:

Just ridiculous! It’s become unaffordable by finance with interest that has to be paid :nooo:

I get regular emails from "Drive the Deal" and looking at some of their "offers",
there were a list of Ford models at 0% PCPs.
So it appears they are struggling to shift them, so maybe the higher rates might start to reduce. :dont know:

Rhodris-dad said:
Slayer said:
Rhodris-dad said:

I get regular emails from "Drive the Deal" and looking at some of their "offers",
there were a list of Ford models at 0% PCPs.
So it appears they are struggling to shift them, so maybe the higher rates might start to reduce. :dont know:

These deals often ask for a massive deposit and will be for 2 years or so.
Let’s hope the interest rates start to drop..

Ford are offering the following finance deals, which you can have if you wish (retail customers only, companies excluded):

0% APR Representative Ford Options PCP finance over 24-38 months with no minimum deposit
1.9% APR Representative Ford Options PCP finance over 39-48 months with no minimum deposit
0% APR Representative Ford Acquire Hire Purchase over 24-36 months with no minimum deposit
1.9% APR Representative Ford Acquire Hire Purchase finance over 36-48 months with no minimum deposit

....and with a hefty discount on list price.

Last Nov I got the wife a Audi A5 10% deposit....4.9% interest and 19% off list. using these people.

The car I was originally referring to is at Porsche East London.
Original reg Oct 2022.
Massive spec.
Configuration price is £156K. So actually £41K lower than current new listed price on the Configurator.

Attachments

• screenshot_20231003_132643_199.png
    screenshot_20231003_132643_199.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 671
Rhodris-dad said:
Ford are offering the following finance deals, which you can have if you wish (retail customers only, companies excluded):

0% APR Representative Ford Options PCP finance over 24-38 months with no minimum deposit
1.9% APR Representative Ford Options PCP finance over 39-48 months with no minimum deposit
0% APR Representative Ford Acquire Hire Purchase over 24-36 months with no minimum deposit
1.9% APR Representative Ford Acquire Hire Purchase finance over 36-48 months with no minimum deposit

....and with a hefty discount on list price

Last Nov I got the wife a Audi A5 10% deposit....4.9% interest and 19% off list. using these people.
:thumb:

Very impressive :thumb:

looking at the zero mile 911's that OPC's have for sale, taken from the Porsche GB site, data as at time of posting

107 911's are available at OPC's with delivery mileage
Of those
- 70 are Coupe's
- 35 are GTS models
- 44 are Turbo models
- There are no GT3 or GT3 RS models (obviously)
- only 2 of these cars have a manual transmission

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back