Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

992 alloys on 991.1?

Jon1T

Quick question to test my maths. Assuming PCD is the same, would 992 S 20/21 alloys conceptually fit onto a 911.1 C2?

Mine has Carrera Classic 2 20" with Porsche fitted 5mm spacers.

Sizes are:
My fronts 8.5j x 20 ET51
992 front 8.5j x 20ET 53
Should be a straight swap and can keep the 5mm spacer or not

Rears
Mine 11j x 20 ET70
992 11.5j x 21 ET67

So with my dodgy maths the 992 rears will stick out just over 10mm further - if I remove my spacer, then 5mm from where my current alloys sit now.

Plus the extra inch diameter will affect the geo I guess?

Does all the above seem right?

Thanks!

I take it the 70mm on yours is without the spacer?

You will be roughly 2mm further away from the strut, compared to with the spacer fitted, and your wheel will stick out around 9mm more than you have now.

I would suspect you will be absolutely fine. Some on Rennlist run a 2mm spacer on the 11 ET70 rears with no issues. This would be like a 14mm spacer on your current wheels.

ET70 is the rear offset of the alloys and I have the (Porsche) 5mm spacer.

So ET75.

Even wurh google I can't seem to find anyone who has actually fitted 992 alloys to a narrow body 991.1 so not sure if it's not possible, or just that no one had got around to it.

I find the 991.1 alloys a little inspiring (bar the centre lock GTS alloys) and quite like the 992 Carrera S design.

use willtheyfit.com calculator to find out if they will fit or not....

Extra inch diameter might not affect geo as much as the tyres will have less ratio, ie less sidewall height. Might even be smaller diameter depending on tyre spec

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeeRacer
Back