Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 prices

dng

I have a budget of £45-55k and have been currently only looking at gen 2 997's. Having talked to a few independent dealers, suggested looking at the 991 as 'value' given how prices for other models such as the gen 2 have appreciated so much, and the fact you get something much newer for just a bit more.

I had been set on the 997.2 as its just classic and I know come reselling it won't be a problem with a small cost/loss to myself.

I won't be a big mileage user, and I may only own it for a few years max (moving abroad)

Would the 991 be a sensible buy given my budget? How has prices for 991s been over the last few years? What kind of depreciation/or even appreciation would one expect over the next few years?

For the last couple of years early 991 base cars have been a little bit more expensive to buy than late 997.2 S cars. Currently the gap is about the same and I can't see why this would change over time.

All of the above assume that both cars are of the same mileage, history and spec'.

If you compare like-for-like re models (S, 4, 4S etc) all 991s are more expensive than their 997 equivalents but a base 991 is well worth considering over a 997.2S.

991.1 will be a better car come resale time. That's my two Penneth

Although I'm biased having just bought a used 991.1 turbo s
I was tempted by a less expensive 997 but I know I'd be driving about yearning for the later model.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back