Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 GT2 replica

Johnny 3.2

Trainee
Hi guys I was looking at a 991 2012 model with a GT2 body kit on this. The price is 55k is this to much money for a Carrera s basically. I know the body kit and work put into creating this was expensive. It's a one of build but is it worth it.
Will try and add the add later it's the white .

You must be meaning this one.

As it says in the advert it's a one-off. As a standard car in a private sale it would definitely be about £5k over-priced - especially with that interior. Only a potential buyer could decide whether the modifications make it worth any more than a standard car.

Any Porsche enthusiast will know exactly what it is and, more importantly, what it's not. It's definitely a 'marmite' car.

Gone to all that trouble but left the interior like that 🤮

And I love marmite.

All show n not enough go.

Interior is totally out of place.

looking promising

1701093476636.png

goes to view the interior

interior isn't that bad, just Bordeaux red 🧰

for a moment i thought it was another 996 or boxster conversion !!

1701093628671.png

Attachments

• tough-crowd-homer-simpson.gif
    tough-crowd-homer-simpson.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
Thanks for adding the advert. Yes that's the one the interior is a bit red when you see this on the photos. O this is a £50k car max still seems expensive?

a 60k mile 991 C2S coupe is going to be in the 40's+
add the body kit and £55 large doesn't seem too much
look ok tbh !

Changing the interior isn’t the hardest thing. I’d want to know if the kit is a replica kit and what was done underneath before buying.

the downside of this conversion is the car isn’t a turbo underneath so you can’t give it the power it should have easily.

Thanks guys, the advert suggests it's carbon fibre panels in the kit. If they are then that won't be cheap but what quality will this be. Will try and find out more info today.

It needs to go how it looks otherwise all a bit pointless. If those are fake side vents without so much as a vent thats a bit of a fail. Looks very similar to a GT2 RS otherwise although tiny brake discs and wrong wheels a give away. Check its not been an Insurance write off or in a bad accident too ;)

I’d be checking that it’s not been in an accident and hence replacing panels was a need, not a want, so the replacements could have been from another car, etc. If they are carbon, I’d suggest getting that validated too. The last thing you’d want is to find they are fibreglass.

Im not one for replicas , but thats just fine

One thing that doesnt look right to my eyes is the Rear wing height -needs raising to GT2 height

I don't mind the replicas personally, as long as they are not badged incorrectly or have red interiors 😁

This has actually been listed for a long time I wanted this car for the last 4-5 months seen it a few times in person around Blackburn unfortunately the seller thinks it is worth a 3 rd of an actual gt2 rs

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back