Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 new to me from OPC back in for water pump

Pullingteeth

A week is so ago I purchased a 2017 carrera from London OPC, only 17,800 miles but 3 days in and 200 miles later after a short drive and brief stop a dash warning of 'pull over and let cool down '
We were going away ( supposedly in it ) and when I took it back it couldn't be fixed for a few days, ferry booked and I didn't want to change it .
So holiday done in BMW. And meanwhile a new water pump , valve block and vacuum pipe for water pump has been replaced .
I've no idea what it would have cost but thank goodness for the warranty.
What a car though , my last 911, 25 years ago was air cooled .
Ok it's bigger , the 997 may be prettier but the 991.2 has a gorgeous rear end, smaller fan cover with vertical slats which looks retro to me and therefore nicer .

yes OPC warranty is worth ever penny

Its a shame you couldnt go on holiday with it but im sure there will be more memories for you to make, enjoy!

same issues happened to a field on mine with a 2018 Carrera 4, even with its 88k miles on the clock

"engine over temp. Park vehicle to cool down" !
Replaced the water pump , valve block and vacuum pipe

Attachments

• 7239b774-b3f0-4e8e-8c93-f7df4d31dc67.jpeg
    7239b774-b3f0-4e8e-8c93-f7df4d31dc67.jpeg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3
Coolant issues seem common now especially in the 718 platform with early cars having the pump replaced. Whilst all the solenoids are electronic they are 'controlled' by a vacuum system where one leak throws up any number of warnings that may go away when you restart the car. The water pump is controlled by the vacuum system. Other manufacturers went away from the vacuum system, as ever Porsche have loved this system from the air cooled days and as yet have not adapted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back