Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 4.0

TheCock

Mexico City
Hi all

Am negotiating on a 991.2 GT3, it will be my first GT car if I can get it to work, it's a pdk, 7k miles, one owner, OPC supplied car. It will replace my .2 997 which has been fantastic.

I'm trying to get a decent bid on that from the dealer to make it an easy deal.

I could walk away and wait as there really is no rush but this car is a lovely colour and spec for me.

So any advice or comments are greatly appreciated; buying points, ownership etc. Also any wise words or thoughts on how the 992 GT3 may affect the market, which I realise is a hornets nest (having owned a 993 wide body and listening to the constant never ending valuation chats......) but comments on anything are welcomed!

Thanks

The 991.2 is the beautiful pinnacle, the 992 is a dog (although a brilliant one) a bit like the 992 in general compared to the 991. You surely can't lose with the 991.2, it's just perfect. ! Good luck🤞

This thread could go so many ways. Re 991.2 GT3, yes great car. However if I had the readies and could choose either that or a 992 GT3, I'm afraid I'd go with the latter. Porsche just moved the game on to a whole new level with the newer car (in my view, obviously)

For me the sweet spot GT3 is the 997 series, and as such size wise I don't see a huge difference between the 991 and 992, styling / design of both of them is much of a muchness to me. You either love or hate the extra vents and scoops on the 992, personally I think they're great, give more of a motorsport form follows function vibe

That's me nit picking though, all GT3s rock, just buy one drive it and ignore the rest :thumb:

Great car; I sold mine as the 992 GT3 was released thinking, foolishly, that the prices would slump, and a replacement 992 GT3 would arrive with me earlier this year......... little did I know!!
The cars are very low at the front so front lift, IMHO is essential.
Nice to have carbon brakes and 918 seats.
I decided against a cage - just so we could throw extra bags in the back - just about manageable sliding the seats forward. I did try the folding seats before I spec'd the statics, but found the backs to be too upright.
Enjoy......
Graham

Thanks for the comments guys, very helpful. I've done the deed today and will hopefully have it in a week or so. Its Miami Blue with a cage (didn't mind either way) and lifter.

I'll start a 'I've got a new car thread' when it arrives.

Presumably the one that was at Bournemouth OPC? Lovely looking motor :thumb:

Cameo said:
Presumably the one that was at Bournemouth OPC? Lovely looking motor :thumb:

Yep, I've always taken all my cars there, same guys there even 12 years later, they've even undertaken aftermarket stuff for me, was just taking mine for a service and saw it, I wasn't looking to change; they did an awesome deal. Haven't driven it yet which might be strange to some, but as a lifelong 911 fan I already know it'll be awesome. I've sat in it as I'm quite tall and it's very comfy. 1 owner, local car, the guys got a new 992 GT3. Next week will be very exciting.

Teffers said:
Hi mate :bye:

That you????? Hahaha.......French obsession......got to be......is it???

TheCock said:
Teffers said:
Hi mate :bye:

That you????? Hahaha.......French obsession......got to be......is it???

Yes it is.
I was winding Sanj up about this car this last night/this morning :D

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzed23
Back