Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Project - Under the bubbles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaz, that silver on red looks nice...
I would have to wet paint and fill in the pits then flat it for top coat.
Couldn't sleep at night otherwise :puh:

Still slightly undecided whether to go for the silver fan rather than the standard red approach

Go for erm, silver mate! Chief's probably used up all the red paint anyway :wink:

Keep up the good work,
Paul

Chief said:
Gaz, that silver on red looks nice...
I would have to wet paint and fill in the pits then flat it for top coat.
Couldn't sleep at night otherwise :puh:

You keep your OCD to yourself ! hoping the powder coat will fill the pits.

Pete wot you on about pay attention the choice was red or silver.

Swaying towards the silver

Silver, red will slow you down :puh:

Ian

igaffz said:
Silver, red will slow you down :puh:

Ian

What ev's Silver Boy!

Gaz - red and silver looks different, but not as mean :saw:

Those gloss red manifolds look amazeballs!

igaffz said:
Those gloss red manifolds look amazeballs!

Makes me wish i'd gone gloss red instead of wrinkle finish. I presume they must be the plastic (more modern) intakes, or it would take ages of painting and wet sanding to get that finish on the metal ones.

Chris

Chris,

hoping the powder coating should leave a pretty glossy finish (Like my wheels)

Slightly off topic had a good day today raking round a barn :D that had a sierra sapphire cosie which is mint under the 4 inches of dust 3 Austin A35 in various condition and an Aston DB2/4 up in the roof under a tarp needing a resto !

Ok so got some of my bits back today, I really wanted to do the fan silver however because of the pitting ( I know Chief I should have spent hours prepping) we felt the finish would look a bit rough and stand out more on the silver so red it was,

Attachments

• 20150211_185405_resized_139.jpg
    20150211_185405_resized_139.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 5,428
See, you should listen to uncle Chief :grin:

Looks a good colour combo though and a quality job. I likie!

It's all on my to do list. I shall be going in a very different direction (as usual).
Keep up the good work sunshine. We seem to do it just right on this forum....big up our bad selves :thumb:

Ooooh forgot, tell us more about this barn moochin?

Chief said:
See, you should listen to uncle Chief :grin:

Looks a good colour combo though and a quality job. I likie!

It's all on my to do list. I shall be going in a very different direction (as usual).
Keep up the good work sunshine. We seem to do it just right on this forum....big up our bad selves :thumb:

Cheers Chief, really struggling for time to get this all done so really trying to go down the easiest route, just picked up this little swift for number one son got it for £900 needed a wishbone and couple of bits for the radiator frame so busy trying to get it all back together.

The barn was less than a mile from my house i went to rib him about a blue B reg sierra he had purchased as it was the same as his first car then got a peek in the shed a lovely baby blue 2 door A35 fully retored by his dad that hasnt moved for 3 years since his dad passed away, he picked up the aston about 15 years ago and like a lot of projects hoped to get round to it sometime , I did offer to get a couple of car covers from ebay for the Restored A35 and cossie both under layers of dust and ***** :nooo: doesnt know what he`s going to do with any of them.

Attachments

• 20150208_135037_resized_452.jpg
    20150208_135037_resized_452.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 5,409
  • 00278706_0001_800_04490225_278706_3_270.jpg
    00278706_0001_800_04490225_278706_3_270.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 5,409
Those manifold covers look the business Gaz!

Don't tell the missus, but if that Cossie is going for a steel,then I'm your man :puh:

Well a little progress gave the valve covers a bit of red crackle and fitted new clips for the leads.

Attachments

• 20150311_212558_resized_512.jpg
    20150311_212558_resized_512.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5,740
Ooooo they look nice :thumbs: going to look pretty trick Gaz! Chris has the crackle paint on his manifolds, it looks great.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back