Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

912 with 2.0s engine

Creationblue

Monza
Hi all

I am thinking of getting a 912 or early 911, already a 996T owner and have a Corvair flatsix in a VW T2 van etc, but new to air-cooled Porsche....

Just saw an ad for a '66 912 (probably late to the party here) with a 2.0s spec upgrade.

What are your expert thoughts on this kind of upgrade, worth the £42k asking price??

Thanks

Early Porsches are ever suspect for corrosion issues. Also it`s a bitsa, could even be a FrankenPorsche... Your cash could be safer in in a more original spec car...?

To convert a 912 to 911 spec would require quite a bit of effort and skill.

I nailed a well rotted 69 912 back together in the seventies.

Good luck in your choices

This car I question looks pretty perfect, there are loads of questions though about the state of the car before the money was spent and who built the engine. What exactly has been done to the shell etc etc

Here is the advert https://www.themotoringteam.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-912-2-0-swb-911-2-0s-spec-london-202307240003273

I might make some enquiries later, I actually like the fact it has a six in a four and the originality doesn’t bother me. If there is no history with it then it’s not worth that money, but I would still be interested at the right price.

Just was interested if anyone else from here knew the car or had already been in touch with the seller?

best place to ask is over on ddk as there might be someone who knows the car

www.ddk-online.com

thanks, will check it out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashton911
Back