Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2021 F1. The Finale. Abu Dhabi

Michael Masi needs to go, whilst he may have got a lot right he failed on major the issues due to politics, leaving a question of what exactly are the rules

I'm finding all this talk of Masi having to go as masked racism against Aussies. :bandit:

At the end of the day once the ashes have settled we'll probably discover Lewis is the victim of a kangaroo court. Wouldn't have happened if Jonny Wilkinson had been stewarding!

Porkaholic said:
At the end of the day once the ashes have settled we'll probably discover Lewis is the victim of a kangaroo court. Wouldn't have happened if Jonny Wilkinson had been stewarding!

Early days but I think the ashes have gone.

That's done it for me ....no more viewing of F1 ...it's become a farce ....can't describe it in any other way ...

Incidents-
In almost each and every case there has been a decision to be made , 'Stewards" make the wrong decision ....why do they not have the same stewards in each and every race throughout the season instead of allowing a lottery each time ....

DRS -
This needs to be done away with ....it delivers advantage to the driver behind and in almost each and every case leaves the front runner as a sitting duck ?
Why?

The whole ethos of racing seems to have changed since the Ultra big money has come into it ...it has always ( more or less ) been a rich man's sport ...but it's just getting beyond comprehension ...

After the debacle we saw today .....I can hardly put it into words ...." Travesty,joke,farce,.......blatant manipulation of the rules by incompetent RD...'

And the way that MM spoke to Toto in that condescending tone of voice ...it's no wonder Toto didn't go near him afterwards .....a disgrace to be in Charlie Whitings seat ...

Yep but its just rub of the green. Umpires make mistakes often espeicllay heat of the moment. Lewis just needs to suck it up he should never have allowed Max into the WC in the first place. I"m a LH fan (whole family is and son raced in LH Cup locally) but v.pleased we have new WC. Gets a bit boring otherwise so I think good for F1 we have a new WC. Terrible interpretation of rules though. Well done Max you can only play the game in front of you. Max did his job and wonderful to see his old man etc so proud - brill actually - LH had that moment nice for someone else to have it now. :thumbs:

jonttt said:
Well that puts F1 in the same bracket as wwe for me now ie not a sport ........ I just wanted a fair race and it was not........

....rumour has it checko was light fuelled to make him faster if needed, and it was...........and the reason he was told to stop the race a few laps early ........cars have to be prepped to finish a race specifically to avoid short fueling.......mmmmmmmm

Lots of changes needed for next year including:

- new race director who is fit for purpose (I'm sure he is a nice guy, its not am job for a nice guy its a job for a competent guy)

- take out the rule that allows the race director to change there rules without actually telling anyone

- stop allowing tyre changes under yellow, red yes but not yellow :roll:

.....but I don't think I'll be watching :hand:

I'm in full agreement with Jonttt here ...... I would also add in the changes under red though ..

AND ......DRS out too before I would even think about return to view ( but in the words of Duncan Bannatyne .... 'I'm oot!"

I agree with Jonttt, easy to say now, but I don't think I'll be tuning in anymore.

Spa, then hearing the TPs talking to RD for the last two races and then that absolute cluster F of a decision at the end there.... for this reason, I am ouuuuuut.

As for Jos, I can't see past the type of man he is. Makes me sick to me gizzards.

You'll all be watching next season :grin:

pzero said:
Porkaholic said:

Early days but I think the ashes have gone.
Did England send a team for the Ashes or did they rally up a few beer league expats to pull on the three kittens jumper :floor:
In this situation, if thr tables are turned and and it was Merc were in RBR shoes, I guarantee 1billion percent that Toto and Co wouldn't be saying to the FIA, what happened isn't right, let's revert back one lap
I thought they got the swapping around of thr guys in Saudi right, and I think they got this right as well.
Just let them race was Totos call all season, and so they made that happen and now he's cranky.

In the cold light of day I'm left thinking that, if Lewis can live with the situation, then so can I.

Despite all the news reports making it sound as though it was tremendous overtake on the last lap which won Max the Championship any fan of F1 will know it was farce and will always remember it as such.

If Mercedes take the whole thing to court I can't help thinking that the best they'll get is the race being declared void meaning that Max would still be WC anyway.

After the Belgian debacle, and now this, surely Masi has to go.

T8 said:
In the cold light of day I'm left thinking that, if Lewis can live with the situation, then so can I.

Once he's bought another pair of diamond earrings, Jacob's Ladder and Prince Albert tax free from his home in Monaco he'll forget all about it :roll:

I saw enough in an 8' clip via YouTube as I find the whole event tedious and boring :oops:

FZP said:
Did England send a team for the Ashes or did they rally up a few beer league expats to pull on the three kittens jumper :floor:

99.99% of the uk don't even know (or care) that it's on. I guess we only still have cricket for the less sporty kids to have something to play and the cricket pitches are only to stop developers building houses on village greens.

In evidence, watch the lad in the car with Flintoff on top gear last night. Forgotten within a generation.

Zingari said:
T8 said:

Once he's bought another pair of diamond earrings, Jacob's Ladder and Prince Albert tax free from his home in Monaco he'll forget all about it :roll:

I saw enough in an 8' clip via YouTube as I find the whole event tedious and boring :oops:

Spot on! :thumbs:

Don't you need a middle wicket for a Prince Albert? :grin:

911UK said:
Michael Masi needs to go, whilst he may have got a lot right he failed on major the issues due to politics, leaving a question of what exactly are the rules

+1 on that .....Blind panic instead of following the rules ....if he had applied them , his post race argueme t would have a reference ... as it is ...he has to go ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back