Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zymol Protection

Ray

Morning all

Tell me how good is Zymol against Gull Cr*P?

We have a lot problems with Gulls where I work and I have tried all kinds of polish including the cheaper Zymol Cleaner wax, autoglym, etc etc on my BM.

But in all cases if you do not remove the Cr*p within an hour or two (especially in the summer) it burns through the wax and leaves a mark.

I should be getting my 911 later this year and would hope to use it to the office now and again so if I use Zymol will I be protected?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22682

I live 600 yds from the sea in cornwall,

Zymol does help but it depends on the type of gull sh*t, the brown type is the worst, once it dries it becomes like sand paper and scratches the paint when you wash it off, unless you soak it first,

The white stuff isn't as bad

but i check my cars once a day incase and wash the crap off

Whilst most of you are probably thinking i'm mad and total idiot, to describe gull sh*t this way, but when you see the damage the bastards can do

Mark Pearce

www.stirlings.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22683

I don't think any wax/polish will give you 100% protection. My mother-in-law lives by the sea up on the west coast of cumbria and like Mark, I wash any gull-crap off straight away, it seems to be pretty potent stuff. I thought it was 'cus she lived near sellafield and the stuff was radioactive - if you're prepared to bottle it, it would make fantastic paint stripper though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22684

I don't think any wax will protect against bird poo - if it has discloured the paint you have two options;

1 - respray
or
2 - Colour sanding

The latter involves a very fine sanding (4000 grade cloth) to remove effected paint, then some form of machine glazing to bring back the shine.

Both options should be left to the experts.

Hope this helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22759

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Ray on 14 January 2005

Tell me how good is Zymol against Gull Cr*P?

We have a lot problems with Gulls where I work and I have tried all kinds of polish including the cheaper Zymol Cleaner wax, autoglym, etc etc on my BM.

Zymol ain't bad.. but I believe to combat the problem you need to take the fight to them.... a pump-action shot gun may be of use :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 22760

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back