Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zymol Clear

dick jones

Can you use zymol clear just to wash the car without having to cleanse and wax, or can another product (zymol autowash,out of stock) be used between the car having the full monty 2/3 times a year.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43678

You can indeed Dick. Supposedly, it is the only thing you should wash with after using Zymol waxes. Just done it myself than topped up the finish with Field Glaze so she's all shiny again now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43680

Oh god more Zymol misinformation, any decent ph balanced autowash will work. But of course if people have more money than sense, yes it is the only thing to use!

Allegedly, the blue Zymol stuff from Halfords is Zymol Clear with colouring added.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43691

Where's the misinformation?

Always use a ph neutral wash otherwise anything else can accelerate the loss of wax that is on the bodywork.

Clear being the same as Autowash? utter bollocks. I think you're being misinformed here. Zymol will tell you exactly what each product contatins unlike other manufactures.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43692

Phil,

It was the comment by Seagull "Supposedly, it is the only thing you should wash with after using Zymol waxes" which prompted the comment.

I did say allegedly. It was a long running thread on a forum a while ago :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43693

Any PH-7 shampoo will do the job. Lots of shampoos are balanced nowadays. If you want easy work, wash, dry and OCW.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43735

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 22 January 2006

Where's the misinformation?

Always use a ph neutral wash otherwise anything else can accelerate the loss of wax that is on the bodywork.

Clear being the same as Autowash? utter bollocks. I think you're being misinformed here. Zymol will tell you exactly what each product contatins unlike other manufactures.
Phil, you should get off the fence and say what you really mean. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43740

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by G-Unit on 23 January 2006

Any PH-7 shampoo will do the job. Lots of shampoos are balanced nowadays. If you want easy work, wash, dry and OCW.
Who said Porsches were hairdressers' cars...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 43741

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back