Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zymol and wheels!

poon

Magny-Cours
Gonna be Zymoling my wheels this weekend!

I read a topic on the Zymol forum (forums are becoming addictive) where the forum moderator used Zymol on his BBS split rims.

First he washed with Zymol wheel cleaner, let the wheels dry, then HD Cleansed the wheels and left it on for a few hours. Then polish off the HD Cleanse and he applied Concours. Then the Wheel spray Coat. Reckons that six months down the line they are still perfect.

I am going to try it with my Titanium wax on my RH Alurad RS style alloys.

Will let you know how I get on!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3338

Wheels are washed, have dried and have been HD Cleansed (left the HD Cleanse on for 3 hours, at the recommendation of Brad at Zymol), just buffed it off with the terry cloths and they are immaculately clean and shiny and feel like the cars paintwork does after HD Cleanse.

Will start applying the wax tomorrow!

Apparantly the water will just bead like the paintwork and they will be alot easier to wash.

Pictures to follow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3351

Firstly never use Acid, even rinsing in loads of water will leave traces and cause corrosion.

The Zymol wax puts layers on top of the alloy/paint and prevents the brake dust and tar etc eating into the wheels, it will also make cleaning alot easier.

My alloys have lacquered alloy outer rims and will corrode badly especially if water gets underneath the lacquer.

Hopefully this will help save a £80 refurb per alloy.

It also looks really cool to see water beading on your wheels. HOWEVER MY MISSUS THINKS I AM TOTALLY SAD!

PROBABLY TRUE!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3356

Is it easy to apply and remove and how long does an application last?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3357

check out www.sportscarworld.net

however, it takes a whole day/weekend to do the whole thing, cleanse and wax. However you only do it twice per year. It is easy to put on and last for about six months. I used to use Autoglym and threw fairly new bottles of it away as soon as tried Zymol.

The depth of shine you get is really good and it makes cleaning the car easy.

Don't be put off by the cost £100 or so for a starter kit as the pot of wax (Titanium £60) last for ages, I have been using it for 2 1/2 years and I still have three quarters of the pot left! I was buying two lots of Autoglym every year at £13 per time, so over the long run it is cheaper and is a hundred times better.

And NO I do not work for them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3358

Finished wheels yesterday, cleaned, HD cleansed, then 4 coats of Titanium and then wheel coat spray. I then washed the car to start Zymoling the paint and the water just beads on the wheels, looks good and should proivde a few months of protection, will just need to top up the wax every month or two.

Piccys mailed to Phil for inclusion, thanks Phil.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3368

Super shine!

poon_IMG_0028.jpg

poon_IMG_0032.jpg

poon_IMG_0033.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3370

Mmm, very tasty indeed. Must go get some Zymol...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3373

Its no with wheels looking as good as that I am going to have to Zymol mine - Zymoled the body - very pleased - will send pictures.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 3381

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back