Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Your opinions on wheels & colour please.

N44APA

Hi,

I have a black 996 Turbo and have been thinking over the past week or so that I'd like to change the wheels, maybe to some 997 Turbo wheels. However I'd quite like to do something abit different with them to make the car look a little "meaner" and have them sprayed bright red.

I can't seem to find a photo of a car that has done similar so if anyone has a photo to share then it would be greatly appreciated.

Your thoughts please....

Alex

No , not red , you wont find a pic of one because you must be the only person in the world who wants to do it.
Go for a gray or silver. :D

Big no no for me.....but do as you wish.

Stock, untouched 997 Turbo alloys on your 996 Turbo would look pretty smart as standard.

Just a stupid question. Is it allowed to fit 19'' Turbo alloys on a 996?

ladenfranz said:
Just a stupid question. Is it allowed to fit 19'' Turbo alloys on a 996?
My 996T had 19s on when I bought it. They were the black Fuchs style wheels and while they fitted OK they were too obvious for me. Switched to standard 996 Turbo wheels and I was pleased with the switch.

No real change in ride. The 19s did rub very slightly at the rear but only when I jacked the car up and the springs were fully extended downwards.

I am sure there are pictures around of GT3s with red wheels.

I think red wheels would look amazing on a black car. I remember EVO did a group test with 458 , Mclaren and a Noble M600 . The Noble was polished carbon fibre with red wheels and looked the business. Just do it

speak to Roro - he's just about as decisive as you and had some visuals worked up on his black GT3 with a whole array of different wheel colours...

I'm sure he'll share these with you if you asked him nicely (just to give you an idea of colour on black...?

:grin:

To be honest the rims you have are perfect for the car. 997 rims looks weird on a 996. Only rims I do like on the 996 are the BBS Lemans . They look the business.
Sometimes a top quality refurb in the right color (Titanium) make it look better.

Had mine done in Weiss Gold, looks quite subtle but gives the car a slightly more aggressive/motorsport look:

exel050_zpsb14d4ea6.jpg

exel051_zpsa27fabf9.jpg

That GT2 with those rims looks smashing !!

quattrosteph said:
That GT2 with those rims looks smashing !!

Agreed - that is a seriously great looking car! :worship:

A rough guide, looks different. :thumb:

Attachments

• exel051_zpsa27fabf9red_821.jpg
    exel051_zpsa27fabf9red_821.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 3,404

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22