Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

xmas collection up date

mark pearce

Just received this email from mark Curtis re our Xmas collection

Hi Mark hope you are getting better and back in the driving as to speak.

Had a nice card today fro the hospital thanking us for the dvd players i took down,i was able to purchase 6 of them with a film to go with each which i took down on Xmas day.

The monies you sent me over after that i have put to one side i was hoping to go down early this year with some more dvd players if that is okay with you guys.

The children are moving into a brand new ward this year that has 40 beds as oppose to the 23 beds at the present time and my aim this year is to provide every bed with its own portable dvd player,the players are rechargeable and all the beds have electrical sockets by them so every time a new child comes into the ward as soon as they get in bed their are our dvds.

The sister has said that the dvds are a great idea as it occupies the children for a couple of hours at a time allowing the staff to attend to other cases and also a brief break for the parents.

Would you thank all the guys for their kind donations which i have made clear to the staff of as i am only the messenger,was wondering if we can do some sort of card from the guys that i can take down next time as i would like them to feel that their kindness is appreciated if thats a good idea.speak to you soon mark.

M.H.CURTIS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109749

Thanks for doing the leg work Mark, feeling warm in the heart already just thinking of the kids occupied by our DVDs on a hosp bed! :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109753

thanks for the update Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109758

Thanks again Mark for organising all that and for the feedback...

That's made my day... We spend our working lives working our butts off for people who are mostly ungrateful and complain, and you wonder if it's all worth it...

Then we are able to spare a bit and make a small donation to people who really appreciate it and get some direct feedback like that and it all seems worthwhile...

Can we have a 'warm glow' emoticon please...

BTW, how much extra would we need to top up the fund to get all the DVDs?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109762

Mark

Thanks, its a nice feeling to know it was appreciated, and if it helps the staff too, double whammy.

Martyn

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109823

Mark,

I pledged £25.00 but as I don't have paypal / timing I never paid up. I have my cheque book at the ready and want to pay what I promised. Are you doing further collections or is there a name and address for a fund that I can contribute to regards this hospital?

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109825

Thanks for the update Mark, and for the effort you put in on this.

So hows the ticker? On the speedy road to recovery I hope.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109827

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 16 January 2007

Mark,

I pledged £25.00 but as I don't have paypal / timing I never paid up. I have my cheque book at the ready and want to pay what I promised. Are you doing further collections or is there a name and address for a fund that I can contribute to regards this hospital?

Jamie

Mark, thanks for the update.

I am as Jamie with cheque book at the ready. Appreciate details to send cheque.

The kids will have watched the old DVD's and some new ones may be a welcome treat.

cheers

Kevin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 109842

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back