Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Xenons

Dave

Portimao
Would someone mind explaining to me the different options open to upgrading the lights on a 996 to Xenons or similar. I have been quoted almost £2k by a main dealer with them telling me I need to change the whole unit. On the other hand I have been told by an independent that £500 will be enough to upgrade.

As always any advice much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36005

dealer is fitting complete new light units, where as indy is adding the xenon unit to your existing lights...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36015

or if your a bit handy you could try this

Xenons fitted on eBay

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36017

OK,
OK, I'm gonna have to ask, cos i can't figure it out...smtk, how do you get your links with different display titles if you know what i mean??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36018

Sundeep -
dealer is fitting complete new light units, where as indy is adding the xenon unit to your existing lights...

Would there be much noticable difference between the two?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36019

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave Kennedy on 20 October 2005

Sundeep -

Would there be much noticable difference between the two?

Thanks
the complete units have automatic levelling and would also be warranty covered..

but do you have manual headlmap levelling on your existing set up ?

in terms of road performance, it is unlikely that will be a any noticable difference but only an aftermarket verses offical xenon comparison would show.. but the units and bulbs are of identical operating spec....

although you probably want to check with what exactly the indy is going to offer ? add on unit or complete change... as if you can get a complete change for £1500 and then trade you old lights in for up to £500 then it may be worth while going for the complete swap !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36022

Sundeep, I am sorry to lower the tone of this post, but it looks like a sperm cell is attacking your face!! (or have i missed something?)

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36026

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 20 October 2005

Sundeep, I am sorry to lower the tone of this post, but it looks like a sperm cell is attacking your face!! (or have i missed something?)

LJ
the smiley is using the whip to tame the quote !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36035

AHA - sincere apologies - I really tried to figure out what it was... but now you have explained it I can see it!!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36038

or should I be worried that you saw a sperm attacking a face :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36040

F1_Dragon like this (with out the *'s)

[*URL=http://www.google.com][*u][*blue]Your link[*/font][*/u][*/URL]

I would be nice if the forum differentiated links from text but this is a get around

A LOJO i dunno what to think about you lol :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36041

I thought it was a sperm attacking a face too!!! ...not sure i shoulda admitted that, but... :wink:

and ok...thanks for the explanation smtk...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36067

Like - a guy goes to the doctor because he was accused of being obsessed with sex, the doctor says tell me what you think of when I show you these pictures -

Shows him a square, the guys says 'a naked woman sitting'

Shows him a circle, the guy says 'a naked woman standing'

Shows him a triangle, the guy says ' a naked woman walking'

Doctor says 'well you certainly are sex-obsessed'

The guy says 'what do you mean, you are the one with the big collection of dirty pictures'

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 36077

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back