Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WTD: 996 three spoke steering wheel

If you're looking to replace the 4 spoke, just be aware that the expensive bit is the airbag, not the wheel. I've seen reasonably cheap wheels without airbag but then when you add in the airbag it gets quite costly.

madmog said:
If you're looking to replace the 4 spoke, just be aware that the expensive bit is the airbag, not the wheel. I've seen reasonably cheap wheels without airbag but then when you add in the airbag it gets quite costly.

Good point, it needs to come with an airbag!

If you find a decent source let me/us know. 3 spoke would be nice but other priorities at the moment.

Prices seem to be around £300-£350. I got lucky and got hold of a black leather 996TT one complete with airbag for £225.

I'm aware of what they are advertised at on ebay etc, theres a few on there that have been on buy-it-now at £350 or so for a long time.

In addition I bid on one on ebay at £200 or so from a breakers, the only other bidder was a shill bidder who bid it over £300 againsr only me. This bidder had 100% activity with the seller and the item was immediately relisted on buy it now at £350. I think the few on ebay have artificially high prices - I don't think theres many selling at that price.

I would spend £250 max, as you say it is nearer value it is worth. Any other comparable e.g. BMW wheel is much much cheaper!

I bought a manual 3-spoke wheel off eBay recently in Metropole Blue for £295 including the airbag. I actually only needed the airbag (see 996 forum), so have a 3-spoke manual wheel in Met Blue available without airbag.

PM me if you're interested.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back