Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Would it be sad !?

Daniel

Donnington
I have a friend (not me before any of you ask) who loves the 996 GT3 RS, But can only spend around £27k,..

He has an idea of buying a white 996 for around £22k and spending £5k turning into a look a like, wheels, roll cage, seats, rear spoiler ect... (right down to the bonnet sticker, instead of the badge)

A) Do you think he is mad ?

B) Would £5k cover the parts ?

I am not sure about things that are not 100% ! but if done right may look good.. He don't drive fast, just loves the look of the RS..

Views ...........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78476

not sad at all,

a lot of people have done the same

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78481

If he wants to hold onto the car for a while, not sad, but there is no profit in this sort of work.

No idea what it would cost though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78488

I dont think £5k would be enough. Would need to get the bodykit, get it painted and fitted. He would need wheels, buy suspension, exhaust, get a cage and paint it and fit it. I reckon it will cost abit more., these kind of things always add up to more than to esimate.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78492

If he's happy in himself driving a fake, then why not. It'll kill me to drive around something I know is not what it looks like. Will be difficult to sell though, remember that 996 to 997 convesion featured on the mag a while ago?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78495

but the donor car would need to be a mk2 996

better to buy a mk1 996 with a gt3 bodykit

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78498

The rear spoiler alone costs £5k (genuine Porsche part unless he gets the Taiwanese clone on eBay which is of naff quality)... so no, the budget is not enough...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 78499

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back