Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiring issue?

1Pman

Hi All,

Have an issue with my 07 targa in which the light with the engine lid/cover does not come on along with the third brake light and spoiler not extending. Both the third brake light and engine light did work before I had the car at the dealer to have a new rear control module installed/coded but I am not sure about the spoiler given I purchased the car not running. I did take it back to the same dealer and they tried to tell me the entire spoiler motor and assembly was bad - there mechanics are absolutely garbage or they are just after money in repairs that don't exists as I checked the spoiler and motor once home from the dealer which function fine on the test bench and the assembly just needed lube/grease. What I have been able to determine through testing the wiring in the engine bay (large connector on the right side) That I'm getting no power on the spoiler motor pin (something like .5v) when hitting the button in the car to extend it and I believe similar issue for other non functioning parts. The engine fan still works fine.

My question is does anyone know if power for the rear comes from the relays behind the rear seat or in the front? I am getting 12v at the front fuse panel for the rear module. I do plan on pulling the rear carpet and taking a look but not sure which relay if any are for the back.

And help wold be great.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back