Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiper switch removal?

clarkycat

Intermittent is, well, intermittent! And they don't always auto park.

Have sussed so far, from circuit drawings and information, that the auto park switch has to make for the intermittent function to work, these two functions are controlled by the contacts thru the 'off' position.

I want to check the contacts and see if I can clean them up, can't find any internet guide on removing the wiper switch, is it self explanitary?

:?:

You will need to remove the airbag, steering wheel & clock spring, then the whole switch assembly comes off as one held on with couple of screws I think.
You might want to try some switch cleaner on the switch before you take the wheel etc off
Also check the relay and the connector to the switch, may save you having to remove the switch

If you do need to take the switch apart, unlike other switches on the car it is not so easy to get apart, as its riveted together, but it can be repaired with patience

Although because of all the hassle, it may be easier to just fit new or a good second hand one

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back