Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Winter wheels on, thoughts of spacers, refurbs etc

tikkathree

Montreal
Okay I've officially taken steps to reverse the gradual decline into winter weather.

BEFORE:
IMAG1247.jpg

AFTER:
IMAG1248.jpg

Now to put the "best" wheels away until the Spring. They're in pretty good condition but now would be a good time to get them refurbished... not sure about a full or partial colour change: thinking about a bright or dark colour inboard of the spokes.

Also wonder if I should fit a set of spacers to the winter ones for no real reason. Comments?

That's a good move - the standard 17" wheel for the 996.2 is best for winter and save the Carrera II's for spring/summer/autumn. You might notice a more comfortable ride as a result because of the larger aspect ratio on the tyres.

~ Maxie

You might like to break up the silver and grey a bit more and go brighter rather than darker which I think would get lost.

Here's some we recently have done for two different 996 Anniversary models which maintains the factory look. Its paint not chrome!

Looks OEM to me!

~ Maxie

So, whilst I'm walking the dog, trying to work out a colour scheme and wondering who I can turn to for creative ideas, you come up with this? Top man, thank you.

I don't like dark wheels so was thinking lighter rather than darker as a definite and thinking about the possibility of a colour contrast inboard of the spokes.

Chris, the wheels in the photos, had they got the same silver finish "inside" the wheels?

Let me say, right now, this is going to happen over the winter months whilst they're off the car and when I change over we can then address the winter wheels.

Chris W said:
You might like to break up the silver and grey a bit more and go brighter rather than darker which I think would get lost.

Here's some we recently have done for two different 996 Anniversary models which maintains the factory look. Its paint not chrome!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back