Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windscreen Window Washer pump not working - no 12vdc

David Cannon

Good evening all!

I wonder if you can help me?

With the ignition on: I do not receive any water to the windscreen, when I pull the stalk towards me, to operate the windscreen washer jets and the wipers. The windscreen wipers work (two complete swing cycles) correctly.

I took off the LHS wheel and surround within the wheel arch. With the stalk operated (wipers work) and I hear a relay click, but the jets do not operate. I checked for 12v dc at the pump connection and zero voltage (have checked voltmeter on know supply - working)!

Please note the headlight jet washers work. Fuse B4 feeds this circuit and is correct.

Please note, I set up a quick
Jury rig with 12vdc and the pump worked. This is just for info, as there is no 12vdc at the pump connector.

I downloaded the Fuse layout and there is no fuse listed for the windscreen washer pump. All the other fuses correlate to the circuits for 911 (997) - 2008 model (LHD) 3.6l 2d, 4 seats.

Q1 - where does the power come from for the window washer pump, is it through a relay?
Q2 - is there a fuse for this system? If so, where is it physically located?
Q3 - I read on some other threads that the problem maybe within the stalk - any ideas on this and how to fault find / clean contacts? But also need to understand 1&2 above.
Q4 - any other ideas?

Thanks for your help in advance
David

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    701 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 5
are the jets blocked ?

Hi, I had the same issue, it was due to the jets being blocked. I bought 2nd hand jets from ebay and it fixed the problem.

OPC told me ‘non Porsche’ brand washer fluid risked ‘furring up and blocking’ the jets 🤷‍♂️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ianham
Back