Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windows opening when locked - anyone help?

RedJedi

Suzuka
Yesterday, I locked the car with the remote on key (as usual) - when my missus came in 20 mins later - she asked why are the windows open.

When I looked at the car, yes the windows were open.

I locked it again - and same thing happened.

It was getting late and was a bit worrying - so when I locked it again, this time - double locked it and it made that dead sound - this time the windows stayed up.

Anyone explain this?

I would check for water/ dampness around the passenger side carpet as there is a control unit under the seat which can do some funny stuff if it gets wet.

I would guess it is a micro switch in the door locking mechanism. I used to get this on my 996 turbo. If under warranty there will be no issue in getting it sorted, if no warranty circa £300

is it a convertible?

From OPC:

The keys are fitted with a 'global closing' operation system. If the unlock button is pressed for more than 1 second, the windows will auto roll down, the same will happen for closing.

Anyone experienced that?

Yes, it's referred to as "Comfort" mode. It can be programmed by your friendly OPC to also close the sunroof (although you can't open the sunroof this way). My car had the close window function disabled when I bought it - OPC sorted it FOC.

Ron

aynit911 said:
From OPC:

The keys are fitted with a 'global closing' operation system. If the unlock button is pressed for more than 1 second, the windows will auto roll down, the same will happen for closing.

Anyone experienced that?

A lot of people have discovered that by unintentionally pressing the button, by sitting down with the keys in a trouser pocket, for instance. :)

Red993C4 said:
aynit911 said:
From OPC:

Anyone experienced that?

A lot of people have discovered that by unintentionally pressing the button, by sitting down with the keys in a trouser pocket, for instance. :)

I am one of them :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back