Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window Tints

Maxie

Yas Marina
Hi, can anyone recommend a window tinter in the SE? Indeed, has anyone had their windows tinted? Before you think I want my car to take on a gangster effect, I am only looking for a subtle tint (say around 50%) which will provide some much needed respite from the sun this coming summer.

I had this work done on the Golf a couple of years ago and the 50% tint makes the car all the better for it. You can still look inside but it gives a bit more privacy than the slightly-tinted glass that comes as standard. However, this was done on a group buy with another forum that I am with. If anyone else in the SE is up for a group buy, then I guess I can contact the guys to come down from Leicester to do it for us. (Incidentally, they charged 5 of us £100 each - half their normal charge - for a really professional job).

~ Maxie

PS. In case you are interested, my email is
[email protected]

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127187

Why ask when you already know???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127242

Be careful though as that level of tint is illegal on driver & passenger side windows. Police are supposed to have clamping down.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127250

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 23 March 2007

Why ask when you already know???
I am asking if anyone knows of a (reputable) tinter in the SE - one they might have used themselves. Then, I'd do without calling the firm I know in Leicester and also do without arranging a group buy.

RobJ - Aware of this. If one went for a 30% tint or lower still (ie approaching limo black levels) then I think there would be cause to worry. A 50% tint is only marginally less darker than the standard glass but fairly effective from sunlight (except intense).

~Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127270

Hi Maxie,

Wasn't being an arse honest. Window tinting is a difficult application process as you know. Seen some terribble ones. Not a common after market add on for 911's only seen a couple. My point being as you have personally experienced the Leicester work, go for it. May be a trip etc but beats having a recommendation that you may regret.

Regards Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127284

Ok Alan - appreciated. In fact you have a point and I may do just that. It was just the trip I wanted to avoid and also the cost of going it alone and paying full whack!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127288

pentagon in watford have done a couple of cars for us, nice job

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127813

OCS in Caterham (01883 - 343393) See a lot of nice vehicles there being tinted !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127896

Thanks for these guys :)
- am looking into both of those sites a little more now. Will also call OCS to see if they have a site too.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127928

No Worries Maxie..

I was at OCS last week and there was a new Aston and a R32 being tinted !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127930

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back