Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window drop(not correctly working)

wizard993

Donnington
...just finished re-charging my battery. Re-connected the battery and all is fine except that the drivers window drop that happens when opening and closing the door has got its knickers in a twist.

With the door closed it operates the drop when the handle is pulled but instead of it holding the drop until the door is closed the window goes back up straight away after opening, resulting is a snag when closing.

If I hold the exterior handle up it drops and I can close it........alternatively, I open the window a bit before opening. However both are a PITA

...some advice please
1) What's causing it?
2) What's the fix?

Should I disconnect the battery with the windows up and doors closed or windows down and door open to "reset" it or do I need a part?

Thanks in advance, Wiz

I am guessing micro-switch malfunction? Over the weekend, my windows decided to roll themselves down of their own accord......

~ Maxie

You need to re-teach the windows and sunroof (where fitted) of their end-points if you ever disconnect the battery.

Then you get one-shot back.

Instructions are in the manual, but basically:

Continually holding the down rocker, lower the window fully.

Release the switch and then press the down rocker again and hold for a second and release again (this sets the lower limit).

Then raise window fully by continually holding the up rocker button, hold for a fraction longer than top stop.

Release the switch and then press the up rocker again and hold for a second and release again (this sets the top limit).

The same can be done on sunroof limits if required.

Thanks GT4.......all fine again :thumb:

GT4 said:
You need to re-teach the windows and sunroof (where fitted) of their end-points if you ever disconnect the battery.

Then you get one-shot back.

Instructions are in the manual, but basically:

Continually holding the down rocker, lower the window fully.

Release the switch and then press the down rocker again and hold for a second and release again (this sets the lower limit).

Then raise window fully by continually holding the up rocker button, hold for a fraction longer than top stop.

Release the switch and then press the up rocker again and hold for a second and release again (this sets the top limit).

The same can be done on sunroof limits if required.

Aha thanks gt4 that's been driving me nuts since my alternator packed in on the Skye tour. ( when the battery was changed at least 20 times) :thumb:

The weird thing about this, is that this was not the first time I have done a battery re-charge but its the first time that this issue has ever manifested itself after the battery was re-connected!

The memory discharge is slow, so it depends on how long the battery was disconnected.

It also depends if you shorted the car's positive lead to earth on disconnection (which will discharge the system immediately)

GT4 said:
The memory discharge is slow, so it depends on how long the battery was disconnected.

It also depends if you shorted the car's positive lead to earth on disconnection (which will discharge the system immediately)

yes that's why. I usually whip the - side off but in my haste I did the + and tucked it behind the battery(probably earthing it) :grin:

As ever, this forum is great for helpful information - Many thanks to GT4 for this piece - just had to re-set my drivers door as my old battery was completely dead (courtesy of a CTEK charger) - not sure how long it's been like that though?

I have a further question however - does anyone know if this means I'll have to 're-set' the passenger side as well - the car's in my garage and I can't open the door in there?

Also, does this mean I'll automatically need to 're-set' the cabrio roof?

Appreciate any answers/experience

Cabrio roof will be fine and no action necessary. :thumb:

Thanks Alex - one less thing to worry about :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back