Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Will these fit a gen1 cab

Dougnorwich

Silverstone
Hello chaps will these fit a gen1 cab do you know ? I see that the original Porsche ones are different for a cab so wondered if these will fit

Attachments

• e3f6cc92_ee8c_43a1_a610_cd99b3e3b0f4_205.png
    e3f6cc92_ee8c_43a1_a610_cd99b3e3b0f4_205.png
    860.8 KB · Views: 887
are they any good? how do they compare to stock?

Porsche seem to show coupe and cab as different mounts are they actually all the same ?

Thats the 993RS engine mount upgrade for the 996/7 with the longer bolts . There are two types one is OE and one is aftermarket the latter is a bit cheaper . very popular upgrade as an alternative to semi solid mounts . I have never heard anything negative about this upgrade :thumb:

Dougnorwich said:
Porsche seem to show coupe and cab as different mounts are they actually all the same ?

The part numbers are definitely different for the cab. I read somewhere on Rennlist that the cab mounts were stiffer.

I picked up a pair from Porsche for just £200 for my cab

badbadtz said:
Dougnorwich said:

The part numbers are definitely different for the cab. I read somewhere on Rennlist that the cab mounts were stiffer.

The rs ones or standard ones buddy, what's a good price from Porsche either way

Phil 997 said:
Thats the 993RS engine mount upgrade for the 996/7 with the longer bolts . There are two types one is OE and one is aftermarket the latter is a bit cheaper . very popular upgrade as an alternative to semi solid mounts . I have never heard anything negative about this upgrade :thumb:

Christ alive Phil I'm pretty new here but are you suggesting something cheap is good that has to be a first :grin:

Dougnorwich said:
badbadtz said:
Dougnorwich said:

The rs ones or standard ones buddy, what's a good price from Porsche either way

Standard ones, which is cheaper than most places online

Dougnorwich said:
Phil 997 said:

Christ alive Phil I'm pretty new here but are you suggesting something cheap is good that has to be a first :grin:

:floor: :floor: :floor: Doug, seems you have been badly influenced by the guys on here :grin: I am not that bad :grin: :thumb:

I have not tried the 993rs mounts , I have tried the rennline ,RSS and function first but I have never heard anything bad said about the 993rs , If they are like the others give them about 500/600 miles to bed in initially there is usually some NVH but it does go as they settle down. :thumb:
It will be good to hear your thoughts once they are fitted :thumb: :thumb:

:pc: :pc: oops duel post :grin:

Fitted them to mine last spring. Did a track day a few days later and the handling was much better. The old ones were shot mind you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outrigger
Back