Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who's good with part numbers - PCM unit fixing

tacit

Hello, I've spent 30 minutes going through the parts catalogue and can't find the bolt / screw I'm looking for:

When you go to remove the PCM unit, there's a single hex head bolt (passenger side) going into the side of the unit to secure it in place. It's an odd thing - think it takes a 7mm spanner but it's threaded like a screw, not a bolt.
Anyone able to help me find it? It's as though Porsche are denying its existence in the parts diagram!
Car is a 2006 997 Carrera

Thanks,
Ben

a bit too niche, just take the screw to a DIY homebase centre and compare against their screw selections

Probably easier to take your car to an OPC and have the Parts dept take a look. However, if you can post a photo of the mounting location / hole, that would help.

do you mean these on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 19.24.02.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 19.24.02.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 18
It SHOULD be on there but it's not. On the side of the glovebox it should be about where the arrow is. Picture below shows the actual screw (it's a US car in the pic, hence why it's on the right. 231.png
345.png

Cheers,
Ben

Isn't it no.7 going though the cover and into the clip No.6?

I know the one you mean - I think it's a security screw, and only for some markets hence not being in the parts catalogue as most are US, at least that's my thoughts.

It's a very coarse threaded screw, so they're not easy to find "off the shelf" without being a massive timber screw, or something similar. My only help here is that it isn't actually needed ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bll56
Back