Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who has a sunroof in their car?

kas750

Who has a sunroof in their car and do you like it?
I have one in my car and I absolutely love it.In fact when I was looking for a car it was on my wish list.
For the last 10-15 years most of my cars have just had air con as that was the fashion and now to be back in a car with a sunroof is great.
On a sunny summer evening pottering through the leafy lanes with the sunroof open is bliss. :)

+1

First thing on wishlist :thumb:

+1 very nice to have.

Better than that is panoramic sun roof where the whole thing opens up, unfortunately haven't seen it on Porsche!

:eek:

You mean the 996/997 Targa?

(or even the glass MAXI-ROOF of the 991?)

Came as standard on mine as a 40th Anniversary model but to be honest don't really use it that much. Suspect it was an expensive option when new back in the day - someone will have a price list, it would be interesting to know costs.

Sunroof

Got one on my 996 c4 wasn't sure if I liked it at first, but grown on me now
when blasting down the country lanes :thumb:

+1, def top of the options pile!

It was always a no no for me.
Why would you want to cut a hole in a major structural part of the car ?

But.......now I have one in my C2 I love it.
A nice bit of air circulation and a chance to hear that lovely engine out back :D

moorhouse said:
Came as standard on mine as a 40th Anniversary model but to be honest don't really use it that much. Suspect it was an expensive option when new back in the day - someone will have a price list, it would be interesting to know costs.

£814.13 (£715+VAT)

After from checking to see if it worked I didn't open mine on my C4 in over 3 years and I only expect to have opened the one on my Turbo once (already done) in the time I own that too.

Same with CD players and, to a lesser extent, radios.

From GT4
£814.13 (£715+VAT)

Bargain then - had expected the cost to be much higher. This thread has prompted me to get the thing open a bit more now.

I didn't have one on my 964 and that didn't have aircon, do it would have been a bit of a sweat box the last few weeks. I have one on the current 996 and it is great, once you open a window a bit to stop the pressure. For me I'd love a cab so the sunroof is a bonus but it wasn't on any must have buying list.

moorhouse said:
From GT4
£814.13 (£715+VAT)

Bargain then - had expected the cost to be much higher. This thread has prompted me to get the thing open a bit more now.

Add in inflation, and that is probably circa £1,200.

Bit of a cheek really, when the 993 had a sunroof as standard across the board (except sports models requiring its removal for homologation etc)

+1 love the sun roof and tend to open the windows about 1" as it reduces the booming.

Hi

I must have a sunroof. I use mine often. It does not need to be sunny. I just like the increased airflow and light.

Berni

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back