Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

White/gold 997.2 GT3 RS

BluKoo

Are these even rarer than the blue/gold ones?

I've widened my search to include white/gold too, but so far I've only seen one for sale and it didn't have PCCB or the lift kit fitted.

I keep on seeing 2 x white 997.2 RS at 911uk meets - namely the cars of Senoj and Nickw on here!

~ Maxie :D

I've actually spoken to Nick about his car. Unfortunately his isn't for sale haha.
Apparently Senoj's is white/red.

BluKoo said:
Are these even rarer than the blue/gold ones?

Not in my experience. White/Red is almost certainly the most common, followed by Grey/Red. White/Gold and Grey/Gold would be next, then Blue/Gold, then paint to sample and finally Blue/Red I reckon - though that is an internet opinion based on observation in the wild and on the market over the years : I am not aware of any numbers being out there.

It would be interesting to get some official figures from Porsche.
I always assumed grey/red was the most common then white/red.

I might actually email someone at Porsche to try and get some official figures.

BluKoo said:

Or sometimes white/red/gold :grin:

BluKoo said:

Email sent. Hopefully it won't be too long before they get back to me.

T8 said:
BluKoo said:

Or sometimes white/red/gold :grin:

That's something i've never thought about before, but with the centrelocks, it must be tricky getting aftermarket wheels.
I can't imagine there's a huge selection...

BluKoo said:
That's something i've never thought about before, but with the centrelocks, it must be tricky getting aftermarket wheels.

Senoj has OZs, other than that I believe that you have options from BBS, Manthey, HRE, Fondmetal, Champion Motorsport, Shark Werks and a few others that I have missed.

The cheaper OZ model is the only one that I'd call reasonably priced though - some of them are pretty extravagant sums...

BluKoo said:
BluKoo said:

Email sent. Hopefully it won't be too long before they get back to me.

I just got a courtesy call from Porsche and they just wanted to let me know they've recieved my request and they've passed it on to the research & marketing department so I should have some answers soon :)

Does anyone know this car?

RV10 WKE

20100505082128%21White_2010_Porsche_911_GT3_RS_%28Scott_J_%29.jpg

Dear Blukoo, whats the story? This has been going on for months, here and on PH. You are searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack and bordering on becoming a stalker :floor:

I apologise for prying but is it some kind of test? There are a gazillion cars out there of all sorts of types and you are almost looking for an individual chassis number..you really cant be this picky on the used market or years will pass before you find the exact spec, is it really that big of a deal to have the exact right colour?

Yup, stalker material i'm afraid. :roll:

nick w said:
Yup, stalker material i'm afraid. :roll:

He must be a trainee. Unlike me ..........

:grin:

BluKoo said:

That's the main thing that puts me off (especially on the GTS, where the design is not my cup of tea)

That and the fact I like the idea of a belt and four braces.

If a nut comes off my 5-bolt wheels, the wheels still stay on ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back