Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which spark plug?

Lig

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi all,

Just had my car in and they pointed out a split plug lead, so will buy a new set which aint cheep - bummer!!

So at the same time I am going to do the plugs as they are due to be done soon anyhow...., can someone point me to the recommended spark plugs to use. What is the difference between plugs for a turbo and a non turbo? When looking on carparts911 the turbo ones listed are cheaper but different part number so different?

I am sure i have read that its good to use the 'turbo' plugs in an NA car??

Cheers,
Lig.

Full set of beru leads from ECP with their online offers is way cheaper than OPC for the exact same parts.

Thanks Dom,

The cheapest I can find is £244.50 but I will keep searching.....

Any views on the plugs? I am sure i read to go for the BERU ones recommended for the turbo....?

Cheers,
Lig.

Hi Lig,

I replaced mine in 2011 got them from Type 911 and they were Beru Triple Spark FR5DTC at £3.44 each the Type 911 code number was 99917018390/2.

I've had no problems with them and IIRC are the original spec.

I've attached the Porsche specs.

ATB :)

Attachments

• beru_bosch_plugs_160.jpg
    beru_bosch_plugs_160.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,235

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen