Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which insurance co covers the Nurburgring again?

Roro

Sebring
Insurance is up for renewal October and I can't find the thread about the Insurance co that covers the 'ring. I plan to get out there in 2014 (assuming I finally find the cojones to do it). Can someone please let me know where the thread is or tell me which ins co I need to speak to? :thumbs:

Roro said:
Insurance is up for renewal October and I can't find the thread about the Insurance co that covers the 'ring. I plan to get out there in 2014 (assuming I finally find the cojones to do it). Can someone please let me know where the thread is or tell me which ins co I need to speak to? :thumbs:

No one covers TF day, but if you go with an ATDO member on an organised TD then Mannings UK is what your looking for.

Jon

CCI also cover the Ring but only on a dedicated trackday like DN etc however its about £500 for the day :eek:

The difference being that Mannings XS if you have a bump is 10% the value of the car which is expensive if it goes wrong. CCI is One thousand pounds PLUS your regular XS so as little as £1250 in some cases. Agreed the idea is not to crash though !

I'm currently with CCI and they only cover the GP circuit, they don't cover the Nordschleife. To do the GP circuit it would need to be a closed (non-public, whatever that means!) trackday and it would cost me £700 premium plus £5500 excess. This is the only problem I have with them, the fact that they do not cover the Nordschleife. Otherwise I think they are generally okay so long as you are only doing (up to 5 max*) UK or other European trackdays, apart from the 'ring.

* Can buy more trackday cover but only for a further two trackdays - and they cost £250 each in additional premiums - so max of seven track days with them in all

+1 for Mannings

The GT3 is with them: unlimited miles, unlimited trackdays & all for under £1K :thumb:

No requirement to inform them you're doing a trackday beforehand, 90 days European cover, what's not to like?

NXI20 said:
+1 for Mannings

The GT3 is with them: unlimited miles, unlimited trackdays & all for under £1K :thumb:

No requirement to inform them you're doing a trackday beforehand, 90 days European cover, what's not to like?

+2 :wink:

+3

I've just renewed this month.

We just need the holy grail to return. 3rd party TF cover. In my dreams I suspect.

NXI20 said:
+1 for Mannings

+4

Been with them for over 5 years...

Roro said:
I'm currently with CCI and they only cover the GP circuit, they don't cover the Nordschleife. To do the GP circuit it would need to be a closed (non-public, whatever that means!) trackday and it would cost me £700 premium plus £5500 excess. This is the only problem I have with them, the fact that they do not cover the Nordschleife. Otherwise I think they are generally okay so long as you are only doing (up to 5 max*) UK or other European trackdays, apart from the 'ring.

* Can buy more trackday cover but only for a further two trackdays - and they cost £250 each in additional premiums - so max of seven track days with them in all

Thats strange as that wording you have used suggests to me they are talking about the Nordshliefe not the actual Circuit.

It was about 2 years ago so things may have changed but they deffo covered the ring like any normal trackday except the premium was £500 to cover a £60k GT3

Mannings are great and I was with them when I had the GTR but you have to factor in what 5 free trackdays with the lower XS is worth when comparing the premium. Both CCI and Mannings were roughly equal so it was an easy choice given I had only planned to do 5 trackdays at most.

On renewal time the 2 I have mentioned are always the first 2 calls :D

GT3GT3 said:
Roro said:

Thats strange as that wording you have used suggests to me they are talking about the Nordshliefe not the actual Circuit.

It was about 2 years ago so things may have changed but they deffo covered the ring like any normal trackday except the premium was £500 to cover a £60k GT3

Mannings are great and I was with them when I had the GTR but you have to factor in what 5 free trackdays with the lower XS is worth when comparing the premium. Both CCI and Mannings were roughly equal so it was an easy choice given I had only planned to do 5 trackdays at most.

I expect that wording is becuase the GP circuit also run TF style sessions - pay per 20 minutes, rather than per lap, but the principle is the same: turn up, pay and drive.

Tertius said:
GT3GT3 said:
Roro said:

I expect that wording is becuase the GP circuit also run TF style sessions - pay per 20 minutes, rather than per lap, but the principle is the same: turn up, pay and drive.

I think you're (both) right. I just dug up the email I got from CCI when I tried to book a DN day -

"Hi,

Aviva will not allow any trackday for the Nurburgring unless it's on the GP circuit and a closed circuit.
We can offer stand-alone Insurance by a different underwriter at £701.73 with an excess of £5500.

Kind regards"

Reading that now I think I misunderstood the above at the time - I think she was saying they could cover me on the DN day at the Nordschleife with an alternative underwriter but for £700 extra

:pc:

.... But still, £700 to cover 1 trackday...! I'll go with Mannings...

Roro said:
Tertius said:
GT3GT3 said:
Roro said:

I think you're (both) right. I just dug up the email I got from CCI when I tried to book a DN day -

"Hi,

Aviva will not allow any trackday for the Nurburgring unless it's on the GP circuit and a closed circuit.
We can offer stand-alone Insurance by a different underwriter at £701.73 with an excess of £5500.

Kind regards"

Reading that now I think I misunderstood the above at the time - I think she was saying they could cover me on the DN day at the Nordschleife with an alternative underwriter but for £700 extra

:pc:

.... But still, £700 to cover 1 trackday...! I'll go with Mannings...

That sounds about right with the inflated premium , circa £500 back 2 years ago. If you plan on doing a couple of DN`s a year then Mannings is the answer. Just remember though - if you bin it , make sure its a proper good one to get the most out of the higher XS , or have a box of matches handy :eek:

+1 for Mannings.

8k miles a year, unlimited trackdays.
What's refreshing I can choose my own body panel shop and glass company, if needed.
£1000

Just looked at a trackdays.de Nurburgring track day on the 31st Oct. Not a member of the ATDO or FAEO, I'll make the call to Mannings, but I'm guessing they wont include this under their track day scheme?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back