Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which GT Car?

krishcanag

Trainee
Hi all

I have been debating which GT car I want to have. Presently with the 718 gts 2.5t

Now, new GT4 with PDK or 911.1 GT3? But the issue is which ever car it is it won't be sold it's going be a keeper.

There lies my issue, I hate to buy a car with engine issues so do I keep saving till I can get my hands on a 911.2 GT3?

I don't really go on tracks but I want something that is fun to drive on B roads

Krish

Krish, if you're concerned about the potential 991.1 GT3 engine issues, then the GT4 would be a brilliant introduction to the world of P GT cars. :lol:

For the price I'd be all over THIS 718GT4 like a tramp on a chip.

Granted it's a manual but looks a very good price and as you're already into the 718 you know the less pure sounds against the 981 GT4.

Engine issues? Doesn't the 4.0 lump in the 718 have chocolate con rods :nooo: For me that engine is a 'unproven' unit so I wouldn't be going balls deep but have no desire to out the 981GT4

Don't mention the 991.1 having a chocolate engine ffs. People get very annoyed on here when you have the audacity to mention it.

So, I'm sticking my neck out here, but I'd keep saving and go 991.2. Of course, you could go into limp mode and need an engine replacement on one of those too. It's just a lot less likely. :grin:

Out of the 3 choices i'd go 991.2 GT3 all day long

All 3 will be fun on road but will make most sense on track. You just cant extend them properly on road (legally) and so you may feel limited, like you're not getting value out of the car

If you're never going to use it on track i'd probably stick with a GTS or similar, that's what they're built for :thumb:

Interesting thoughts, my fear of the 911.1 is if I am keeping it forever why go from the 1 with known issue.
The 718 GT4 I would go with PDK and yes the sound is how we all talk for the last year in public 😷. I asked the dealer can I have it with the clubsport colour..the yellow and black .3.8 but was told no.

So now I am thinking 911.2 GT3, Yes I cannot really push it :) but I will try 😁

Zingari said:
For the price I'd be all over THIS 718GT4 like a tramp on a chip.

Love the colour on that, is it from the STD selection or a PTS car?

Zingari said:
Engine issues? Doesn't the 4.0 lump in the 718 have chocolate con rods

Do you have any links to info about the engine issues in the GT4? I heard something about this today but I've been unable to find anything online.

isysman said:
Do you have any links to info about the engine issues in the GT4? I heard something about this today but I've been unable to find anything online.

Here you go buddy - Here They may have caught them so new ones are unaffected.

I did say above this new 4.0L engine is so far an unproven unit :roll:

Ref the car for sale I think that's a standard colour option not PTS

Thanks for that. Ok so hopefully I've nothing to worry about as my car has yet to be built.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back