Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which Exhaust?

bucks108

Trainee
Hi all,

I think I'm going to need to replace the offside back box of my exhaust on my 2001 996 Carrera 4. I got an advisory notice on my MOT that it was starting to blow slightly. The seem has corroded and has now split. I'm in two minds whether or not to keep the cost down and try and find a used one to replace it with or to invest in something a bit fruitier and replace both mufflers with ones a bit freer flowing to let a bit more engine note out. I know you can go mad and spend thousands on exhausts but I don't want to go that far however, I'm not adverse to spending a few quid on something of reasonable quality and reasonable value for money.

Has anyone purchased aftermarket mufflers recently?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Martin

Try Prestig Salvage in Leeds for a second hand one. Stainless steel is the wsy forward to me , with a nice sport system you will fell in love again. Should be some second hand around ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back