Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where is the switch

Ghost

in the 993 bonnet compartment that controls the under bonnet light?

<awaits cries of "check the manual" >

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111314

Didn't know there was a manual switch tbh, you could frigg the one at the front latch to think that the bonnet was down?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111320

There isnt a switch. if you want to turn the light of then close the bonnet latch / lock with a screwdriver and the light will turn off (make the light think the bonnet is down)- just remember to pull the lever in the cabin before you slam the bonnet shut.

Oh and "CHECK THE MANUAL" !!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111327

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 23 January 2007

Oh and "CHECK THE MANUAL" !!!!

:D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111329

Take the bulb out and replace it with an led bulb which draws a fraction of the power - then you can leave the bonnet open while you charge the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111386

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Stevo on 23 January 2007

Take the bulb out and replace it with an led bulb which draws a fraction of the power - then you can leave the bonnet open while you charge the car.
...which must save additional £££ a year!

Bear in mind you will also need to turn off the interior light, which also comes on with the bonnet up for some reason.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111388

did not realise there was light - whereabouts? i keep the bonnet (boot?) open an inch to let the CTEK cable in to the battery - did not know this meant lights stayed on. (Did not look, or think even!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111391

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by tim993 on 23 January 2007

did not realise there was light - whereabouts? i keep the bonnet (boot?) open an inch to let the CTEK cable in to the battery - did not know this meant lights stayed on. (Did not look, or think even!)
when you stand at the front of the car the light should be at the left rear, attached to the bottom of the boot lid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111400

thanks Fuchs - just found it. Unless it were on, one would hardly notice it was there!

Mine is not on, so i guess i need to change the bulb. Perhaps i burnt it out by having the bonnet open most of the time the car is parked!

Does the lens pull out easily to allow this? I can get a finger nail under one end and can lift it, but met soem resistance so decided to stop for now.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111574

Robertb - thanks for pointing that out - thanfully my interior lights have been in the full off position. Strange way to wire things, as to open the bonnet you have to open the door - which would turn the interior lights on, then to have them stay on even with the doors closed, but the bonnet up is wierd - unless its a safety thing to tell you the bonnet has not been properly latched? Must find that manual and read it some time...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111576

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back