Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where else can you source Rear LEDs

Geezer 911

Silverstone
Joined
14 Aug 2017
Messages
115
Morning all

Both the rear LEDs on my gen 2 are now collecting water and need to urgently replace,one of them has caused the computer to kick up an error message.

Does anyone know where I can source replica Gen 2 rear LED lights?

Design do not have any replicas in stock right now and the replacement OEMs are currently at eye watering prices. If I have to bite the bullet I will but wanted to explore this option first.

Cheers
 
I've been exploring this also and have a quote from west London OPC at £990 incl vat for a pair. This is about £200 cheaper than anywhere online.
 
Geezer 911 said:
Morning all

Both the rear LEDs on my gen 2 are now collecting water and need to urgently replace,one of them has caused the computer to kick up an error message.

Does anyone know where I can source replica Gen 2 rear LED lights?

Design do not have any replicas in stock right now and the replacement OEMs are currently at eye watering prices. If I have to bite the bullet I will but wanted to explore this option first.

Cheers

Can you see why its collecting water? can you see a crack in the plastic? I found a crack in the white portion of mine and covered it in clear vinyl which has solved the problem. Will replace these in the long term.

probably replace with this:

https://www.design911shop.com/Indicator-Rear-Lamp-Unit-LED-Porsche-997-MKII-RHD/prod141649/
 
ULO are the OEM manufacturer. Use that as part of your search in Google and they come up :thumb:
 
FZP is correct it is a URO part that is indistinguishable from the original.


Eurocarparts used to stock them and depending upon the deal at the time used to cost about £300 each inc VAT.

Replaced both on my 997 for half the price OPC quoted at the time.
 
Or backdate to gen 1 rear bumper cover and lights :D
 
chunkymonkey1982 said:
Geezer 911 said:
Morning all

Both the rear LEDs on my gen 2 are now collecting water and need to urgently replace,one of them has caused the computer to kick up an error message.

Does anyone know where I can source replica Gen 2 rear LED lights?

Design do not have any replicas in stock right now and the replacement OEMs are currently at eye watering prices. If I have to bite the bullet I will but wanted to explore this option first.

Cheers

Can you see why its collecting water? can you see a crack in the plastic? I found a crack in the white portion of mine and covered it in clear vinyl which has solved the problem. Will replace these in the long term.

probably replace with this:

https://www.design911shop.com/Indicator-Rear-Lamp-Unit-LED-Porsche-997-MKII-RHD/prod141649/




This is the exact issue I'm experiencing on both LEDs (clear plastic). Problem I have, the water has knocked out the indicator and brake light from working (left side). That product you suggested is exactly what I have enquired from D911 and they do not know when they are back in stock.
 
andrews7889 said:
FZP is correct it is a URO part that is indistinguishable from the original.


Eurocarparts used to stock them and depending upon the deal at the time used to cost about £300 each inc VAT.

Replaced both on my 997 for half the price OPC quoted at the time.


Just checked ECP, they do not have the left LED in stock. They want £447 after their usual fictional discount if it was in stock
 
CarParts4Less ( same Company as ECP I think ) have them at £323.22 with code 'VCL21' but rear left temporarily unavailable.

I expect the stock status will change in the next few days as will the deals.

I have a split but functional pair in my loft if you wanted a cheap pair to run for a while whilst you sourced some replacements.

Where are you based?
 
andrews7889 said:
CarParts4Less ( same Company as ECP I think ) have them at £323.22 with code 'VCL21' but rear left temporarily unavailable.

I expect the stock status will change in the next few days as will the deals.

I have a split but functional pair in my loft if you wanted a cheap pair to run for a while whilst you sourced some replacements.

Where are you based?

That is very kind of you to offer. I keep an eye on the stock status if it regularly changes. If it is prolonged I will reach out to you if that is ok, I'm based in west essex.
 
No problem.

The key is to try to keep yours functional until you can get a replacement set at a reasonable price.

I found removing them, shaking out as much water as you can through the glass and then a couple of nights in the airing cupboard and they would work again fine until the next heavy rainfall.
 
Design911 prices for Gen2 rear lights are not too bad, around £320+VAT, add 911uk discount around £370!

Not sure if the keep stock!
 
DucatiRob said:
Design911 prices for Gen2 rear lights are not too bad, around £320+VAT, add 911uk discount around £370!

Not sure if the keep stock!

Unfortunately they have no stock and do not have an eta.
 
Hi Rob what's the D911 discount code. Thanks!
 
Bit the bullet and had to buy a pair from OPC for £990. I couldn't secure the LED's that came stock with the car from new. These were the lights Porsche were selling as an optional extra as an upgrade at the time . The lights have 75% clear lense with red at the bottom as opposed to version most of us have (all red with clear in the middle etc) If your curious what they look like their on Design website. To be fair they look pretty cool when they are on the car.

If you anyone was still waiting for the stock LEDs to come back in stock (aftermarket or OEM) they won't be available until March 22..
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,597
Messages
1,446,644
Members
49,749
Latest member
dicreamio
Back
Top