Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where do you keep your owners paperwork?

saddlepunk

Where do you keep your owner's literature in an early C2?

No glove box, door storage compartments are slightly too small, nowhere designated under the bonnet. There's no point leaving it in a drawer at home.

Thoughts?

Personally I wouldn't leave anything in the car in case it gets lost. History for these cars is important for when/if you come to sell. If you must keep a copy in the car but as most legal docs on on national databases there is no real requirement to need to produce these on demand.

Agreed as above.

If you want to leave the manual for the stereo in the car and other manuals put it in the elasticated pocket behind the seat.

jsm said:
Agreed as above.

If you want to leave the manual for the stereo in the car and other manuals put it in the elasticated pocket behind the seat.

Not all seats have elasticated pockets.
The lack of provision for storing the driver's and radio manuals in the car was a PITA in the early 996s, which was then resolved as quickly as possible by adding the plastic pocket below the dashboard on the passenger side.
Don't think this can be retro-fitted though. :dont know:
I kept them in the plastic wallet they came in in the boot.

Zingari said:
Personally I wouldn't leave anything in the car in case it gets lost. History for these cars is important for when/if you come to sell. If you must keep a copy in the car but as most legal docs on on national databases there is no real requirement to need to produce these on demand.

+1

Not least the ring-binder provenance file is too large for even the glovebox (I guess I could keep it in the boot :dont know: )

all manuals mot's invoices etc in a safe place...a metal fireproof box in the spare bedroom along with the other couple of family cars stuff..

I keep my Insurance cert and brakedown paperwork laminated in the boot, everything else in the house.

That's very impressive, and inventive 911MDN.

I inherited a big leather photo album with the car containing all the history. That stays at home in the filing cabinet with the MOT and Insurance etc. It's the service book and owners manuals I want to keep in the car.

There's usually a little slot/compartment somewhere. The manual says there is provision under the bonnet - not under mine there isn't, no pockets behind the seats either. :dont know:

Thanks! It does look good if I say so myself!

I might have accidentally ironed the creases out of the paperwork too (almost at the expense of my relationship, she said I needed help when she caught me).

OCD sucks!

saddlepunk said:
That's very impressive, and inventive 911MDN.

I inherited a big leather photo album with the car containing all the history. That stays at home in the filing cabinet with the MOT and Insurance etc. It's the service book and owners manuals I want to keep in the car.

There's usually a little slot/compartment somewhere. The manual says there is provision under the bonnet - not under mine there isn't, no pockets behind the seats either. :dont know:

The shelf intended for the manual & service book which I mentioned above was installed from model year '99 and fitted under the dashboard on the driver's side (not passenger side as I initially remembered).
The part number is 996.552.173 01C for a satin black part. (Last 3 digits would be different for different interior trim colours).
It was fixed to the lower face of the dash panel. You might try asking an OPC whether it would be possible to retrofit it to your '98 car? :dont know:

It's shown as part number 27 (bottom left) in the attachment.

Attachments

• 996dash_172.jpg
    996dash_172.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 2,317

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back