Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheeler Dealers Boxster episode

leacarrera4

Well-known member
Joined
28 Dec 2010
Messages
526
Wheeler dealers

Just saw advert on discovery channel tonight 9pm wheeler dealers buy Porsche Boxster, should make interesting viewing .
:lol:
 
did you watch it ...all it seems you need is to get in a car rev it from cold to near enough the red line and well ed china can fix it.....lol....i used to watch it but recently think that its getting a little bit corny...... never buy a car from them you know the trade secrets now.... :grin:
 
Anyone watch this last night?

Was nice to see a 'modern' Porsche up on the ramps on this program. Can't believe they picked up an S for a grand, given that it's a TV show they probably didn't but I enjoyed the episode all the same.

Quite tempted by one of these for the summer months, can't beat that wind in the scalp motoring :D
 
Don't do it Gav, after having the gayest tent at Le Mans Classic, you'll get getting yourself a reputation!

BTW, how are the tyres after the trackday?
 
cyruspower said:
Don't do it Gav, after having the gayest tent at Le Mans Classic, you'll get getting yourself a reputation!

BTW, how are the tyres after the trackday?


My tent was awesome, you were just jealous in that pop-up wendy house.

Tyres are just about done, it's in for an MOT tomorrow so hopefully will pass that :dont know:


Any car changes coming up for you?
 
anotherGT2 said:
cyruspower said:
Don't do it Gav, after having the gayest tent at Le Mans Classic, you'll get getting yourself a reputation!

BTW, how are the tyres after the trackday?


My tent was awesome, you were just jealous in that pop-up wendy house.

Tyres are just about done, it's in for an MOT tomorrow so hopefully will pass that :dont know:


Any car changes coming up for you?

I must admit, my tent was pretty camp, being pink and with all the poppers and butt plugs that came with it as part of the package!

Pretty much sold the M3 to one of our brethren, should be seeing it drive off with its new owner on Sunday evening.

Now on the hunt for a replacement daily driver as the M3 was too similar (2 door rwd coupe) to the 993. I really miss having a lot of space with the dog, weekends away etc. Thinking about a MY '10 RR TDV8 or RR Sport TDV6. I remember seeing a Grand Cherokee on the Bedford Autodrome track day and thought it looked hilarious!
 
What about a Cayenne? A mate has a RR Sport, just changed to it from a standard RR. They're not bad but are a bit 'floaty', Cayenne is a much better drive.


Porsche just told me the GT2 needs to have a recall job done tomorrow whilst the MOT is being done. This is my first recall, hopefully it's to install the GT2RS map and turbos but I think it's just something to do with the exhaust :roll:

I've asked if I can have a 991 for a few hours seeing as they're making me wait an extra hour :thumbs:
 
anotherGT2 said:
Anyone watch this last night?

Was nice to see a 'modern' Porsche up on the ramps on this program. Can't believe they picked up an S for a grand, given that it's a TV show they probably didn't but I enjoyed the episode all the same.

Quite tempted by one of these for the summer months, can't beat that wind in the scalp motoring :D

The car was bought from Boxa.net The seller was asking £1500 for it on the forum.
 
CraigJ said:
anotherGT2 said:
Anyone watch this last night?

Was nice to see a 'modern' Porsche up on the ramps on this program. Can't believe they picked up an S for a grand, given that it's a TV show they probably didn't but I enjoyed the episode all the same.

Quite tempted by one of these for the summer months, can't beat that wind in the scalp motoring :D

The car was bought from Boxa.net The seller was asking £1500 for it on the forum.

Boxa.net
I remember those days :thumb:
1500 for an S.
Must have been a dog :dont know:
 
I saw it.
I love it at the end when Mike always says they 'made a profit'.
Omits to include the MASSIVE amount of labour that Ed's costs were.

Didn't even touch or look at the suspension...
 
Was a good episode, if they could just stop Mike Brewer speaking...
 
I enjoyed it, he didn't mention doing a few (essentials) that a 4 year car snooze would warrant but I like the program, even Mike has grown on me (love the new permatan!) I met and had a snap with big Ed at last years car fest North, it was my first day out in my then just acquired 911, sun was out, family stayed at home and I met Ed! What a day :D

Dave
 
obviously the labour costs issue is not mentioned here because (I think) the goal of that programme is to show that you could easily re-do some old cars in your own garage with little expense in terms of parts.

I do not enjoy Mike Brewer's babbling, but Ed China seems like a good bloke.
 
I thought it was a good episode, bought for £1k was a steal, must have been worth at least double that broken for parts.

The prices they get stuff for is sometimes way below what us mere mortals would need to pay, but I guess the suppliers get valuable advertising so worth it to them.
 
Stuart said:
Was a good episode, if they could just stop Mike Brewer speaking...

Nice sig Stuart :thumb:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
123,985
Messages
1,435,975
Members
48,357
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back
Top