Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel spacers

Johnny997

Hi All,

New to the forum having just purchased a 997 C2 S.

Was just wondering if anyone has experience of wheel spacers for the S? It's running 19" Carrera Classics and I was thinking that they might look a bit more purposeful with spacers?

Seen some hub centric either 7mm or 12mm ones which I'm tempted by.

Cheers. :thumbs:

That would be a really bad idea.

Did you have a m3 previously?

Why is a good question?!?! Sorry but as much as I appreciate a response I can't understand your opinion!

For what it's worth I have had a couple of M3's in the past :wink:

Johnny997 said:
Why is a good question?!?! Sorry but as much as I appreciate a response I can't understand your opinion!

For what it's worth I have had a couple of M3's in the past :wink:

Me too Johnny - in fact still got one and its got 10mm spacers on lol :) There must be something about M3 owners and the need for spacers.
There is a factory option for 5mm on the Porker so not sure why people think its bad.

I'm going to get the 7mm ones.

I'll report back once fitted!!!!

I got the OEM set.
5mm all around and the sets comes with longer bolts and the locking nuts too.
I am, though, consideing on the back! Go on shoot me down guys! :wink: :thumb:

Johnny997 said:
I'm going to get the 7mm ones.

I'll report back once fitted!!!!

I reckon you could go wider on the rear - what tyre sizes you running - I have 305's on the rear and 235's on the front.

I own a boxster and I've got 6mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the back. They make the arches look a little fuller. I've got a spare set of 7mm that were originally on the back

On reflection i think im going to go 7mm at the front and 15mm at the rear.

Will try to order today if i get time.

I have 7mm and 12mm on my C4S, I think the 15mm make it stick out a bit too much at the back. :)

Any chance of a pic of yours please ducky?

No worries, I'll grab some in-line pics of it this weekend for you. :thumb:

Spacers always improve the stance , BUT - check the tightness of your bolts every week without fail as spacers can cause them to come loose ,

As i found out on a previous car when the wheel fell off !!!

good luck with the new car pal -- i also pick my new one up next week :mrgreen:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mister kevlar
Back