Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Refurbishment

phil84afc

Monza
Hello chaps,

I'm looking to get my wheels (19" Carrera S) refurbished and I was wondering if anyone could recommend anyone decent in the Hampshire/Surrey/Berkshire area? I got a quote from Exel, which was £500 and seemed a bit steep to me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :thumbs:

Please bear in mind the well know saying.

"You get what you pay for."

And the Exel experience is not just a refurb. He will call out, remove the wheels, leave you with a replacement set of loan wheels so you can still use your car (and see what it looks like with different wheels!), then return and refit them, with the tyres refitted and balanced etc.

I think £500 is a pretty sharp price when all the hassle and stress is taken out of the process. Not to mention the time you'll save from not having to ***** around getting a taxi home or getting dropped back to the station etc

I`m all for saving money and there are some things you can do yourself but with Chris's service its just not worth going anywhere else.

Above all you know your wheels will come back 110% perfect. :thumb:

Dream911 said:
I think £500 is a pretty sharp price when all the hassle and stress is taken out of the process. Not to mention the time you'll save from not having to ***** around getting a taxi home or getting dropped back to the station etc

+1

To get your wheels done to the standard that Exel achieve would probably cost you £350+. Whether the extra £125-£150 represents value for your money depends on your individual circumstances.

For most people the fact that you get to use your car whilst your wheels are away and don't have to spend any time or money getting to and from the refurbishers twice makes it an ideal service and great value for money.

Plus, you get Chris's expertise in making sure that the wheels and tyres are refitted perfectly.

Just had mine refurbished by Exel, worth every penny.

Chris is a top fella who knows his stuff.

See my recent posting "spoiling my car" if you want to see photos of my 19" C2S wheels

+ 1 for Exel and Chris.

I haven't even used Exel services (not needed to, thankfully), but very recently I wanted to refresh the look of the Wheel Bolts and Locking Wheel Nut.

Bearing in mind I hand't spoken to him before, and I didn't need my alloys repaired, Chris offered his knowledge. We had a good chat and he gave me some really useful advice re: painting, and the overall process.

My experience of dealing with him, coupled with what everyone else on here says about Exel, would make them my first destination if I were in the market for refurb.

Just had mine done by lepsons - they did a great job 1 week turn around £265 for all 4 (996 C4s so 18"'ers I think 19's might be a bit more.

They had a deal on to pick them up and deliver back for free. Infact I think this is their normal operating model. (they pick up /deliver back on set days it was Wednesday for me - I'm in Berkshire nr Reading)

Had the tyes popped off by my local tyre supplier for free (bracknell tyre and exhaust) promised him I'd be back to get the new tyres put on! (which I have done - found them to be best priced for 20 years!)

Fortunate in that I have a second set of wheels so no down time!

Chris W @ Exel Wheels - don't go anywhere else :thumb:

Brilliant, thanks guys.

Exel seemed to be the way forward, I have just never had some wheels refurbed before and wanted to check that I wouldn't be paying over the top.

Might get him to put some 13's on, just for sh1ts and gigs :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back