Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the weight of a wheel?

manek

Montreal
In another topic, I mentioned that I've agreed to buy a set of four Cup2 wheels for a remarkably low price. Looking at the economics a bit harder, I reckon it's not worth my while going to Cornwall for them -- with hire charge, mileage and fuel the return trip would cost about £100.

If I get a photo of the wheels, I can send a courier to pick them up. The thing is, never having been on the sending (and paying) end of this sort of transaction, how much would a courier charge, and which one should I use?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13851

Manek,

It cost me about £30 to get a pair of wheels (no tyres) couriered from London up to Jasmine Porschalink in Lancashire IIRC. Can't remember who I used - it was arranged by Jasmine. Should give you a bit of an idea of price though. It should be well under £100 even with tyres.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13853

contact some wheel centres near your seller. The helpful ones should be able to tell you the best deals. I recently bought some wheels and the seller had a specil deal with a company at £9 for the set anywhere in the UK!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13870

Thanks for your help, chaps. Wheels have now arrived (cost me about £50 for the courier). They're in slightly worse nick than I hoped -- some medium-heavy kerbing damage on the fronts and some light scuffing on the face of the rears, but nothing that couldn't be sorted easily, I would guess, by Wicked Wheels or Spit And Polish (both recommended here and in Another Place). There is also what looks like corrosion around the valve areas but only, oddly enough, on the rears so I wonder how that might have happened.

So now I have two sets of wheels, 16s and 17s. The question is whether or not to keep the 16s for track days only or flog them off. They're standard, concave-faced Cup 1 alloys, so what would they be worth, do you think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14127

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back