Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What would you buy instead of your 911

sTTu

Spa-Francorchamps
If you had to sell your 911 what would you buy ? Assume budget is 60K new or used, but must be an auto or tip, not manual. I thought SL55 AMG was a good starter ? Any ideas ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129090

I have a strong sense of Daja-vou . ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129094

But everyone will have changed their minds in the past month :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129096

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 30 March 2007

I have a strong sense of Daja-vou . ...
I'm having a strong sense of depression at the though of having to loose my 911

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129099

How do you 'loose' a 911? Undo a few bolts??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129100

Well before I remembered that I actually loved 911's I dallied with the idea of a SL55 AMG. In fact test drove one just before I test drove a 911 Turbo. Then lusted after a Maserati. Beautiful cars, sexiest manufacturers name out there, hoplessly unreliable. For some reason do not like BMW's. I guess I'd end up in an AMG'd Merc of some sort.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129103

360 F1 LHD - no doubt about it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129105

Perodua Kenari :wink:

Just two questions, why would they make such an unattractive car and who would buy it ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129112

There would have to be space for my fan base (my children!) so I quite like Rob's suggestion of a Maseratti, but if they are that unreliable and assuming I couldn't get a Quattreporte

Probably M5 is the best Q car there is on the market now or an AMG E Class Estate

(would have to fitted with a glass roof though, so JG didn't get too comfortable :p )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129115

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 30 March 2007
How do you 'loose' a 911? Undo a few bolts??

Park in the heathrow long term car park and not note where you left it

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129116

CLS 55 AMG or RS4 :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129118

Well my SL500 is going in favour of a 911. The R230 SL55 isn't without it's problems but the engine is amazing. Down to £40k now for an '02.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129122

I went from a 993 C2 to an M3 as I was told we needed a more sensible car :?

12 months later I've managed to change back to a 996tt, in the end SWMBO realised there was no point and I needed another 911.

Also looked at Masers but though cheap to buy, unreliable and expensive to maintain, didnt like the interiors either.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129124

355 - 360 - RS4 - M5 - DB9 (with a few miles on her)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129127

Like STTu, I would feel sad at losing my 911 - I have only had it for 4 weeks but I am somehow addicted to it....can't explain why.

If I was to change then I would need the versatility of 4 seats so its a brand new CLS 320 CDI for me. I think running a pre-owned CLS 55 AMG would be just a tad too rich for me....after all, regardless of how much they cost on the second hand market, its still an £80k car with similar running costs associated with it.

~ Maxie :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129133

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back