Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What looks wrong here? - Relay box

shantybeater

Hockenheim
Afternoon all,

I'm attempting to get all known outstanding issues sorted on my car before I book it in with 9e (to hopefully take some sting out!) I have had a P4018 error code logged since buying the car which points to the secondary air pump.

Thanks to a suggestion on here from a member I decided to check the relay & fuse in the back:

A30D6964-8554-4C7B-9DD7-2FA8B535E143-418-000000A7FB29059E_zps620d3bd9.jpg

Worryingly there doesn't appear to be one in there (for block 10). I also noticed the fuse is a 50amp whereas i'm sure its supposed to be a 40? Can someone clear this up for me?

SAI (left hand corner):
0608_EC_23z+2000_Porsche_996+Underhood_Engine.jpg

No SAI:
eng996a_orig.jpg

If you defiantly have a SAI pump, then #10 is the relay position.

Sorry I should have mentioned its an 02 turbo

But does it have SAI? (they are the same pumps)

Maxi fuse is 40A (orange)

I believe so, I'm fairly certain I located it next to the oil cap on the drivers side of the engine bay

Thanks for the help GT4, new relay and 40A fuse in place, codes gone and SAI working fine

So why did someone nick it :dont know:

Beats me! There was also a 50A fuse in place so I assume at some point it was blowing fuses. Time will tell I guess!

Thread resurrection!!

Hi mate, did you ever get to the bottom of why somebody removed it??
Or why someone would??
And what were your 'symptoms' I appreciate you had the error code but was there anything physical?

Thanks

Tony

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back